The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A celebrity appearance!!! Funny, I was thinking we should have flown him up also, a lot of his shirts & saws were there.

And yes, I am still talking about the good time we all had, was really nice.

Unfortunately, with a much bigger crowd, it would be a lot less personal.

What was real nice about this one, is with about 15 people, everyone got to meet and talk to everyone else, no one got lost in the crowd. Everyone's contribution to the event was noticed and appreciated. That said, I would really like the opportunity to meet Randy in person.

An air filter with a hole, and outboard oil? Sonds like you are doing your best to kill the saws? :surprised3:

I just took a Stihl 032 down off the shelf,that I bought new in about 1982,put new fuel lines,a carb kit and gave it a good cleaning to.Pulled the muffler and checked the P&C,looked great,blowing 145 PSI,all it ever saw was TCW2&3 OUTBOARD OIL!!I still buy gallons of it,for the boat, and use it when I need to in my saws!!1
RR

I can vouch for the monkey. That shop is so small it takes one person walking outside so the other one can turn around. Lots of miracles happen in such a small spot. Lol

Yes, I believe Randy has stated its just 200 square feet. That's about the size of a parking space for your car. All I can think is it must smell terrible if you fart in there- like Dutch ovening yourself.

Them is some Perty good size boys in there, don't know for sure about the smell but you know it's gotta get right in there in the winter time with the heat going.

An air filter with a hole, and outboard oil? Sounds like you are doing your best to kill the saws? :surprised3:

not sure how outboard oil would kill a saw...

VERY sure how a hole in a filter would .... I have NO IDEA how that hole got there though. yesterday, checked the comp on that 262 cold... 195. didn't end up taking it apart. ran it/started it this AM... very zippy.

told the guy that owns it to run it like he stole it... if something happens, i'll fix it

whats interesting to me is that I built the saw to MM's specs... yet he's still getting 20% or more out of the saw above the one I built. Malk's mmws 262 did a 17 sec cut through oak, mine was 20 seconds or so. rough count. so clearly there is some extra secret sauce to what MM does. not sure cutting squish band helps by 20% ... but maybe it does... maybe its the extra neatness of porting and polishing beyond what I am capable of...

at the end of the day, i'm happy to know that mine does run, as MM's saw is faster... as it should be. all is right with the world as of right now :)

not sure how outboard oil would kill a saw...

VERY sure how a hole in a filter would .... I have NO IDEA how that hole got there though. yesterday, checked the comp on that 262 cold... 195. didn't end up taking it apart. ran it/started it this AM... very zippy.

told the guy that owns it to run it like he stole it... if something happens, i'll fix it

whats interesting to me is that I built the saw to MM's specs... yet he's still getting 20% or more out of the saw above the one I built. Malk's mmws 262 did a 17 sec cut through oak, mine was 20 seconds or so. rough count. so clearly there is some extra secret sauce to what MM does. not sure cutting squish band helps by 20% ... but maybe it does... maybe its the extra neatness of porting and polishing beyond what I am capable of...

at the end of the day, i'm happy to know that mine does run, as MM's saw is faster... as it should be. all is right with the world as of right now :)

Any difference in the muffler mods?

I also think Erik is meticulous with his chain sharpening, that alone could do it. Then again, I also think Randy is meticulous with his porting, so ... perhaps a combination of several small things, the muff mod, the chain, the porting, etc.

As long as yours runs great, it does not matter if another one is a bit faster.

Latest posts

Back