The official W.Ky Buildoff Poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Build off saw

• 066/660

Votes: 66 62.3%

Votes: 40 37.7%

• Total voters
A Meteor would probably cost me $70-80 land here from baileys. Its a shame though because the 440 has one of the old school cylinders on it without decomp, but it looks like the previous owner used a rail spike as a piston stop through the exhaust - wrecked both the P&C :censored: Surprisingly it still runs fine and is one of my favourite saws.

Man. bummer about the cylinder. U tried to smooth the top of the port out? Might come out nice, if it doesnt take the exhaust timing past the point of no return.

Id at least pull it down and clean it up some.

Those angled fin 044 cylinders are some serious runners.

Man. bummer about the cylinder. U tried to smooth the top of the port out? Might come out nice, if it doesnt take the exhaust timing past the point of no return.

Id at least pull it down and clean it up some.

Those angled fin 044 cylinders are some serious runners.

Yeah, I thought about that but its to far gone I think. I couldn't believe it ran once I saw the extent of the damage. I basically looks like someone used it to crush rocks through the exhaust port. the inside plating is worn off/in so theres hardly any plating above exhaust port. I'll keep an eye on the 'bay for another cylinder or might put a 460 P&C on it instead.

Yeah, I thought about that but its to far gone I think. I couldn't believe it ran once I saw the extent of the damage. I basically looks like someone used it to crush rocks through the exhaust port. the inside plating is worn off/in so theres hardly any plating above exhaust port. I'll keep an eye on the 'bay for another cylinder or might put a 460 P&C on it instead.

vote 46 p&c

I've seen some nasty looking stuff run really well. I don't understand how, but it does. I put nice looking stuff together and it barely will pull the chain. :msp_ohmy:

Might not run worth two craps, but she will look pretty :)

de682c6d.jpg

Got the wheel slapped on her the other day. Ain't messed with it since :(

Might not run worth two craps, but she will look pretty :)

de682c6d.jpg

Got the wheel slapped on her the other day. Ain't messed with it since :(

man just give those nice covers to me in trade ill hook you up with some beat up ones to match your saw.:wink2::wink2:

I posted about this cylinder in another thread. It's got a bunch of fins knocked off the front of it, but the bore is nice. Really early 066 jug, with the thin base. Stock as can be, in dried out white oak. I might build this cylinder if I can't find a nicer one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78yqFMGNQzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted about this cylinder in another thread. It's got a bunch of fins knocked off the front of it, but the bore is nice. Really early 066 jug, with the thin base. Stock as can be, in dried out white oak. I might build this cylinder if I can't find a nicer one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/78yqFMGNQzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You got the threads worn out it that thing yet???? :D

Freshly Rebuilt
Woods Ported 026
$250.00 Shipped

Freshly Rebuilt
Woods Ported 028WB
$200.00 Shipped
PM For Details

what is going on here Randy. d@mn stihl fire sale or what. dont tell me your drink all ORANGE kool-aide now :frown::frown:

what is going on here Randy. d@mn stihl fire sale or what. dont tell me your drink all ORANGE kool-aide now :frown::frown:

Randy has seen the light!! Hallelujah!!! :msp_thumbup:

Not so fast fellers. :D

These are just some saws I'm trying to turn a buck on. Can y'all think of a better place to sell a saw??? :rock:

Not so fast fellers. :D

These are just some saws I'm trying to turn a buck on. Can y'all think of a better place to sell a saw??? :rock:

Yah, sumwhere that yer not takein ideas outa my head before my slow butt gits to implement them. 028wb?????:dizzy: are you kiddin me:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
To the rest of ya this post is just sum friendly humor between the Moobster & I.
I sound like Earl Hickey off of that TV show. Dammit Randy.
:msp_confused:

Maybe he doesn't want to scare everyone with a video of a 32" bar on it.

Back