The old gal...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cord arrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
.......got all dressed up to go to the prom.

as a chaperone, of course.....................

Last edited:
cord arrow said:
too big?

i'm having a heck of a time re-sizing in elements..........what gives?

microsoft office 2003 picture manager lets you resize.

if you don't have that, google irfanview

i'm able to re-size easily in most photo editors.

however, the 4.0 version of photoshop elements is givin' me fits.

i realize there's a major learning curve associated with this software, but really, it shouldn't be this hard.

anyway, how was that photo size?

In Photo Elements 4.0 Select "Quickly Fix Photos", open your picture in it, then select "Image" and then select "Resize". If the pixel count is say 2300, then change that number to 900 and it will downsize it for you. Good luck. Tom This is a change from 2300 to 900 using Photo Elem 4.0 notice how quickly it loads now; but, still has quality.

the second size is much better. when i resize, i try to go for 800x600

the quality and clarity usually stay, but the image will go from 900k to 200k and load a whole lot faster

the pic was awesome, btw

You can resize your images by using this free and easily used program.
http://www.irfanview.com/
Once downloaded and installed, simply select file, then open your file, select image then resize, select the 640 x 480 pixels or any other size desired (hopefully smaller), click okay, then go to file and select save. I generally choose the 640 x 480 pixels option. If you want to keep your outrageously large image, be sure to copy it or rename your resized pic so that it doesn't overwrite your obscenely huge photo.

With Windows XP you can resize multiple images in one operation with Power Toys/Image Resizer. You can download Image Resizer in the Power Toys options. Download from the Microsoft page : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Latest posts

Back