The Old Giants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss this old thread so I thought I'd give it a bump.

Here I am with my 840 (O.K. it's only 99 cc but it does cut)

attachment.php

And here is the 840 in some wood

attachment.php

I also did a little stump work with one of the SP125's that day

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread may have been the most influential for the development of my CAD. I hope it affects others in the same way...

Mark

Good thread

Thanks for bringing it back,

After I aquire a few more Sachs Dolmars, may get a few yellow ones.

Yellow and black has always been a favorite color combo of mine.

2658384260104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hard to beat "HEMI Orange" though:cheers:

attachment.php

This thread may have been the most influential for the development of my CAD. I hope it affects others in the same way...

Mark,

Nice work with an old monster. I have an old 820 Wards with a 30" bar. My Dad bought it new around 1963 or 64. It was the first saw I used.

Now for the tree...

Is that a maple tree? As a miller on this site, please tell us you milled some of that beautiful tree.

jerry-

Large ash tree, everything became firewood, sorry.

Here is another one with a large sycamore, again chopped up to firewood size pieces. I had to install the 48" bar on the 840 for this one. I liked the way it worked so I just left the 48" bar on that saw.

They cut another large sycamore on the same property and saved a big section of the trunk for some milling activity.

attachment.php

Mark

Last edited:
Large ash tree, everything became firewood, sorry.

Here is another one with a large sycamore, again chopped up to firewood size pieces. I had to install the 48" bar on the 840 for this one. I liked the way it worked so I just left the 48" bar on that saw.

They cut another large sycamore on the same property and saved a big section of the trunk for some milling activity.

attachment.php

Mark

:clap::clap: Nice pics
The saw chips look deeper than the snow:)
:cheers:

Another bump for the Old Giants thread. This is my newly acquired Super 797 trimming off a dead maple stump.

attachment.php

I was running a 32" bar, .404 chisel/skip chaiin and the beast just kept on pulling. The stump was not real sound, so I still don't have a good idea what this saw will do but it certainly seems to have guts.

Mark

Home d light 2100

Steve here... Here is a pic of me years back with my 2100 in a hard maple. We dragged the old beast out after it gave our 066's fits
Steve

Another bump for the Old Giants thread. This is my newly acquired Super 797 trimming off a dead maple stump.

attachment.php

I was running a 32" bar, .404 chisel/skip chaiin and the beast just kept on pulling. The stump was not real sound, so I still don't have a good idea what this saw will do but it certainly seems to have guts.

Mark

Need a video so we can hear that thang.
Sweet saw. Gotta love the Seven Nine Seven.

Lee

Back to the OP....

I learned how to fall in the 70's with a 075. I thought it was great until another faller put a Husky 2100 in my hands. Had six foot bars on both and the Husky was just lighter & smoother. Also, it wasn't as finicky about bolts/screws backing out with hard use. But then, I learned to use Loctite or Superglue on things that unscrewed and went back in.:)

Anyway, the 2100 and its variants would be my choice, not the 075 Stihl......:greenchainsaw: If I was still fallin', most probably it would be with a 3120xp, but then it's HEAVY like the old Stihl's!:)

Jonathan,
Glad to here it.
Love the old Home D lites ... Sold a 750 to a good friend a few years back... Ive been trying to buy it back ever since
Steve

Latest posts

Back