The Old Giants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heimannm
I miss this old thread so I thought I'd give it a bump.

Here I am with my 840 (O.K. it's only 99 cc but it does cut)

attachment.php

And here is the 840 in some wood

attachment.php

I also did a little stump work with one of the SP125's that day

attachment.php

attachment.php

This thread may have been the most influential for the development of my CAD. I hope it affects others in the same way...

Mark

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good thread

Thanks for bringing it back,

After I aquire a few more Sachs Dolmars, may get a few yellow ones.

Yellow and black has always been a favorite color combo of mine.

2658384260104137097S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hard to beat "HEMI Orange" though:cheers:

820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
attachment.php

This thread may have been the most influential for the development of my CAD. I hope it affects others in the same way...

Mark,

Nice work with an old monster. I have an old 820 Wards with a 30" bar. My Dad bought it new around 1963 or 64. It was the first saw I used.

Now for the tree...

Is that a maple tree? As a miller on this site, please tell us you milled some of that beautiful tree.

jerry-

heimannm
Large ash tree, everything became firewood, sorry.

Here is another one with a large sycamore, again chopped up to firewood size pieces. I had to install the 48" bar on the 840 for this one. I liked the way it worked so I just left the 48" bar on that saw.

They cut another large sycamore on the same property and saved a big section of the trunk for some milling activity.

attachment.php

Mark

Last edited:
luvsaws

luvsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Large ash tree, everything became firewood, sorry.

Here is another one with a large sycamore, again chopped up to firewood size pieces. I had to install the 48" bar on the 840 for this one. I liked the way it worked so I just left the 48" bar on that saw.

They cut another large sycamore on the same property and saved a big section of the trunk for some milling activity.

attachment.php

Mark

:clap::clap: Nice pics
The saw chips look deeper than the snow:)
:cheers:

leeha

leeha

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Another bump for the Old Giants thread. This is my newly acquired Super 797 trimming off a dead maple stump.

attachment.php

I was running a 32" bar, .404 chisel/skip chaiin and the beast just kept on pulling. The stump was not real sound, so I still don't have a good idea what this saw will do but it certainly seems to have guts.

Mark

Need a video so we can hear that thang.
Sweet saw. Gotta love the Seven Nine Seven.

Lee

Real1shepherd
Back to the OP....

I learned how to fall in the 70's with a 075. I thought it was great until another faller put a Husky 2100 in my hands. Had six foot bars on both and the Husky was just lighter & smoother. Also, it wasn't as finicky about bolts/screws backing out with hard use. But then, I learned to use Loctite or Superglue on things that unscrewed and went back in.:)

Anyway, the 2100 and its variants would be my choice, not the 075 Stihl......:greenchainsaw: If I was still fallin', most probably it would be with a 3120xp, but then it's HEAVY like the old Stihl's!:)

Latest posts