The Ozzy Redgum tree from hell......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing a found out about the US 660s is the alloy bent up chain catcher is useless all the noodles get stuck in it so it came off pretty quick.I have orded a roller one a couple of HD2 filters from my dealer.

One thing a found out about the US 660s is the alloy bent up chain catcher is useless all the noodles get stuck in it so it came off pretty quick.I have orded a roller one a couple of HD2 filters from my dealer.

what sort of wait time did they give you on the filters?

what sort of wait time did they give you on the filters?

I spoke to Stihl Australia on Monday and they said there is a 100 due in at the end of this month,well woopy they wont last long,my dealer didnt even know the part number so i had to give it to him to order them.I wont be counting on them soon.I may have another very large redgum to mill this time so i hope there are on the way.

I spoke to Stihl Australia on Monday and they said there is a 100 due in at the end of this month,well woopy they wont last long,my dealer didnt even know the part number so i had to give it to him to order them.I wont be counting on them soon.I may have another very large redgum to mill this time so i hope there are on the way.

they order 100 now next order they will need to order 1000. the standard filter is just shyte, even that mahogany I been cutting goes straight through it. the felt prefilter might as well not even be there cause it does jack!

dont forget to get the bumper strip that takes place of the aluminium catcher. p# 1122 640 8300

Do we really nead the bumper strip or is it a nice to have,my 460 and other 660 havnt got them,have ya got a pic.

spot will be unprotected. plus you wont be able to use the alloy catcher with the roller. it wont fit.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/113291.htm

In another thread a question was posted about mounting the 1122 640 8300 bumper strip on the MS660. The bumper is used when the standard chain catcher is replaced with the roller chain catcher.

Here is a set of pictures showing the part and how it is mounted on the saw:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cheap insurance for expensive magnesium.

Thanks for that have never seen one of those before, including my 660 i know of and have used 4 others with chain catcher rollers and they dont have one of those nylon blocks,wonder will that fit a 460 ?.

it might. i just check my 441 and i think it might fit it. 440/441/460/660 have very similar space in that chian catcher area. if nothing else install and file the bumper to fit.:biggrin:

think i be getting one of them nylon suckers, my case has a few knocks from thrown chains

Curious what the spacing is between the spikes on the 660 ?

Anyone have a vernier and a 660 they can measure please ?

I'm not sure of the spacing Rick but I can assure you they are the best set of spikes I've ever used on any saw whether firewood cutting or felling. They look so simple too :)

Thanks for that have never seen one of those before, including my 660 i know of and have used 4 others with chain catcher rollers and they dont have one of those nylon blocks,wonder will that fit a 460 ?.

I reckon I might just be able to fabricate some of them!

Did a vid to show you splitting the last of that Redgum in the fog.This one was pretty easy to split half green and straight grained.

[video=youtube;V-VAuadbtyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-VAuadbtyA[/video]

How's that BB kit Aaron? blown up yet? :)

please dont say it! every other thing i touch has :censored:up in the last 2 weeks so much to the point that ive given up selling any more wood for the year and pretty much shelved the saws

I'm not sure of the spacing Rick but I can assure you they are the best set of spikes I've ever used on any saw whether firewood cutting or felling. They look so simple too :)

I think the roller catcher is a good idea too, I've frigged a few aluminium ones on a Makita ;)

Back