The Ozzy Redgum tree from hell......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres the kicker the roller catcher kit is $6.50. p# 1122 650 7700

so i paid more for the bumper. thanks stihl:angry:

please dont say it! every other thing i touch has :censored:up in the last 2 weeks so much to the point that ive given up selling any more wood for the year and pretty much shelved the saws

I think it's been going around Aaron, I've had two weeks from hell.

A good mates into some real hocus pockus stuff and reckons it's something to do with a lunar eclipse or somesuch gobbledygook and he's started to convince me :msp_ohmy:

I'm not sure of the spacing Rick but I can assure you they are the best set of spikes I've ever used on any saw whether firewood cutting or felling. They look so simple too :)

Just look at the length and angle of the bottom spike in relation to its mates, you can hog in on your cut with that.

Dolmar/Makita fekked up with theirs, the middle spike is longer than the bottom one :dizzy:

I think the roller catcher is a good idea too, I've frigged a few aluminium ones on a Makita ;)

You're gonna hate me soon Rick cause I have a heap of roller catcher kits here for a Husky that just so happen to line up with the Husky spikes I adapted to my 7900. Thanks for the idea :) Bravo old son, bravo...

I think it's been going around Aaron, I've had two weeks from hell.

A good mates into some real hocus pockus stuff and reckons it's something to do with a lunar eclipse or somesuch gobbledygook and he's started to convince me :msp_ohmy:

mate id listen to any theory right now, i using a pair of tongs to take a leak just in case i break THAT too!

You're gonna hate me soon Rick cause I have a heap of roller catcher kits here for a Husky that just so happen to line up with the Husky spikes I adapted to my 7900. Thanks for the idea :) Bravo old son, bravo...

Cool, they'll fit my spikes too as the spacing is the same :msp_tongue:

Just look at the length and angle of the bottom spike in relation to its mates, you can hog in on your cut with that.

Dolmar/Makita fekked up with theirs, the middle spike is longer than the bottom one :dizzy:

the large 660 dogs are flush from top to bottom. the medium 660 dogs, the lower spike is about 2cm longer.

Only complaint I have about them is how long they are but they work bloody well! If ya look at the pics of me cutting with the 42 inch bar in the 12 inch cookies or all aussie thread and check the gap between the airbox and the main body you will see just how hard I am really leaning on them! springs or rubbers av doesn't do much when you lean on it that hard!

Only complaint I have about them is how long they are but they work bloody well! If ya look at the pics of me cutting with the 42 inch bar in the 12 inch cookies or all aussie thread and check the gap between the airbox and the main body you will see just how hard I am really leaning on them! springs or rubbers av doesn't do much when you lean on it that hard!

they feel a whole lot longer too when they are stuck in your thigh an inch deep,

the large 660 dogs are flush from top to bottom. the medium 660 dogs, the lower spike is about 2cm longer.

The US/Aussie Dolkita 64/73/7900 spikes are a lot bigger than the Euro ones BUT, when trying to cut a scarf or backcut on a larger tree, or even blocking up it's bloody hard to lever in with the stockies, they've gone all OH&S IMO so you don't skewer your leg with the lower spike.
Whatever their reasoning it doesn't work very well (IMO) in what we tend to cut here.

I did this to mine and it made a huge difference.

Matt did something similar by modifying some Husky spikes to suit.

attachment.php

Argh yes the cutting board, every man should have one hanging in the shed. They made great chain slippers on dirt bikes amongst other things. 1001 uses.

I work with sheets of the stuff 1200 by 2400 in thicknesses from 2 to 10 mm!

Have you tried the black stuff - called wearex I think. We used in heavy wear applications and its seems to last forever.

I have but I prefer the UHMWPE less stuff tends to stick to it and it does tend to absorb cuts more. the black stuff is more resistant to grit getting embedded in it though, such as where it is used as a slide in place of a roller.

I have but I prefer the UHMWPE less stuff tends to stick to it and it does tend to absorb cuts more. the black stuff is more resistant to grit getting embedded in it though, such as where it is used as a slide in place of a roller.

Good to know :msp_thumbup:

Back