The Problem with Normal People

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your skull is getting thicker. Alters your perceptions of gravity.

Really? Holy cow. That explains a lot. Got a call from LIGO Scientific Collaboration and Virgo Collaboration the other day asking for my skull thickness measurements. I'd never heard of such a thing. On February 11, 2016, they published a paper about the detection of gravitational waves, from a signal detected at 09.51 UTC on 14 September 2015 of two ~30 solar mass black holes merging about 1.3 billion light-years from Earth, originating from my property. They traced a point along the wave where I was at that moment. I thought they were pulling my leg. So, it's true. My thickening skull generated a shift in the gravitational structure which triggered a tsunami like warning. I'm unbelievable

Sometimes my MS 660 gets ticked off at me. She starts and then dies immediately. After that, I can't start her again for hours. I guess she's mad. Suppose I might bump the control switch as I yank her up to trigger the throttle. She's dead by then and simply will not be bothered for half a day. Which makes me think she's had too much to drink. I could wash her carburetor out with compressed air, if that would help.

My 044 starts and runs without fail and cuts likes she's starving.

"In order to produce the gravitational wave signals that LIGO has seen so far, two extremely massive stars in a close, binary orbit must have both gone supernova an extremely long time ago. Over billions of years, those black holes spiraled into one another, as their orbits slowly decayed over the aeons, emitting small amounts of gravitational radiation at each step along the way. Finally, in the final fractions of a second, those ripples in spacetime were enough to vibrate our detectors here on Earth by less than a thousandth the width of a proton. That's what it took to deliver our first directly detected gravitational wave signal, a century after Einstein's relativity first predicted them." NASA, perhaps. I can't recall.

Yep, sounds like she's a bit of a lush.

You are just experiencing the resonance produced by their precessional frequency. No worries. Just hope and pray that you don't fly apart. But that might be interesting, being at the subatomic level and all...

That blows me out of the water. We have machinery that detects a vibration that occurred in our universe a billion years ago that measured less than a thousandth the width of a proton. Shiver me timbers.

I sleep through my own snoring which produces roughly 9.2 mag earthquakesapollo 6.jpg .

Apollo rockets suffered from the Pogo effect caused by excessive vibrations and resonance. They got by, but barely, on several occasions.

"Now, in turn, the engine is fed through a pipe that takes the fuel out of the tanks and feeds it into the engine. That pipe's length is something like an organ pipe so it has a certain resonance frequency of its own and it really turns out that it will oscillate just like an organ pipe does.

The structure of the vehicle is much like a tuning fork, so if you strike it right, it will oscillate up and down longitudinally. In a gross sense it is the interaction between the various frequencies that causes the vehicle to oscillate" wikipedia -which caused engine failure and the CM to break apart. It shut down the S-11 center engine on Apollo 13 prematurely.

Al Capone.

The toy? Got me. Fernando Martucci. No idea.

Our space program fascinates me. Many at NASA gave all they had to meet JFK's challenge. Some of the pictures of the moon available today are very clear compared with what was shown decades ago. It is easier to understand how stunning the mountains and valleys really looked. The astronauts were overwhelmed by its "magnificent desolation" and I understand better now why they felt that way.

The size and the power of those machines that got us there and back-just incredible. And we started from scratch.

Tesla was a genius. Poor guy. Pigeons became his best pals.

The toy? We were discussing resonance frequency.

I liked Richard Feynman. A great scientist. I watched the Challenger disintegrate before my very eyes one cold January morning. He cut straight through the BS on the cause. Damn O-ring.

Al Capone.

The toy? Got me. Fernando Martucci. No idea.

Our space program fascinates me. Many at NASA gave all they had to meet JFK's challenge. Some of the pictures of the moon available today are very clear compared with what was shown decades ago. It is easier to understand how stunning the mountains and valleys really looked. The astronauts were overwhelmed by its "magnificent desolation" and I understand better now why they felt that way.

The size and the power of those machines that got us there and back-just incredible. And we started from scratch.

Tesla was a genius. Poor guy. Pigeons became his best pals.
Power is merely relative to the seen eye, the power of the machines your talking of and frankly anything man has made combined throughout history pales in comparison in a cosmic sense. We are like a grain of sand on an endless beech. Science is fascinating as long as speculation and theory is left out of it. The top minds unfortunately lose the big picture many times in their arrogant pride. Speed of light is not the fastest though science proclaims it. Speed of thought blows it away if we could harness it space travel would be easy. For instance how long does it take to imagine yourself 3 billion light years away poof there ?

The toy? We were discussing resonance frequency.

I liked Richard Feynman. A great scientist. I watched the Challenger disintegrate before my very eyes one cold January morning. He cut straight through the BS on the cause. Damn O-ring.

"NASA managers had known since 1977 that contractor Morton Thiokol's design of the SRBs contained a potentially catastrophic flaw in the O-rings, but they had failed to address this problem properly. NASA managers also disregarded warnings from engineers about the dangers of launching posed by the low temperatures of that morning, and failed to adequately report these technical concerns to their superiors.

The Shuttle was never certified to operate in temperatures that low. The O-rings, as well as many other critical components, had no test data to support any expectation of a successful launch in such conditions.

After the weather forecast, NASA personnel remembered Thiokol's warnings and contacted the company. When a Thiokol manager asked Ebeling about the possibility of a launch at 18 degrees, he answered "[W]e're only qualified to 40 degrees ...'what business does anyone even have thinking about 18 degrees, we're in no-man's land.'" After his team agreed that a launch risked disaster, Thiokol immediately called NASA recommending a postponement until temperatures rose in the afternoon. NASA manager Jud Lovingood responded that Thiokol could not make the recommendation without providing a safe temperature. The company prepared for a teleconference two hours later during which it would have to justify a no-launch recommendation." wiki

And the lawsuit suing them failed.

Indeed, Feynman is a great scientist and lecturer.

"NASA managers had known since 1977 that contractor Morton Thiokol's design of the SRBs contained a potentially catastrophic flaw in the O-rings, but they had failed to address this problem properly. NASA managers also disregarded warnings from engineers about the dangers of launching posed by the low temperatures of that morning, and failed to adequately report these technical concerns to their superiors.

The Shuttle was never certified to operate in temperatures that low. The O-rings, as well as many other critical components, had no test data to support any expectation of a successful launch in such conditions.

After the weather forecast, NASA personnel remembered Thiokol's warnings and contacted the company. When a Thiokol manager asked Ebeling about the possibility of a launch at 18 degrees, he answered "[W]e're only qualified to 40 degrees ...'what business does anyone even have thinking about 18 degrees, we're in no-man's land.'" After his team agreed that a launch risked disaster, Thiokol immediately called NASA recommending a postponement until temperatures rose in the afternoon. NASA manager Jud Lovingood responded that Thiokol could not make the recommendation without providing a safe temperature. The company prepared for a teleconference two hours later during which it would have to justify a no-launch recommendation." wiki

And the lawsuit suing them failed.

Indeed, Feynman is a great scientist and lecturer.
And the government waste that followed. Aerojet built a plant on the TVA yellow creek nuclear power plant site in Mississippi. The construction of the nuclear plant was halted by the way after a billion and change of your tax dollars went into it. The Aerojet plant was to build the booster to replace Morton thiokol for the shuttle. They were already online to ship the first boosters down the Tennessee river, down the Tom Bigbee to the gulf, then over to the east coast to Cape Canaveral, when NASA decided to let Moton Thiokol keep the contract. Again, a few more billion of your tax dollars wasted all because some idiots didn't listen to their peeps and just had to light that rocket so they wouldn't look bad, ergo ego.

The Superconducting Super Collider (SSC) was a particle accelerator complex under construction in the vicinity of Waxahachie, Texas.
Its planned ring circumference was 54.1 mi with an energy of 20 TeV per proton. In comparison the Large Hadron Collider has a ring circumference 17 mi and energy of 6.5 TeV per proton. Congress officially canceled the project October 21, 1993 after $2 billion had been spent.

If I spend a buck for a soda, Armageddon slaps me upside the head.

Attachments

• saturn shipped (2).jpg
    saturn shipped (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
And still my Stihl 660 hates me. I take her to fine restaurants and everything. I can't take it, I tell ya.

They dumped the first stage of a Saturn 5, the only one built that was never used, behind a fence and just left it there. I'd love to have it sitting in my backyard. How cool would that be? I could eat pie in there and cheesecake!

How'd you like to take this baby out for a spin? s1c-15-01-09-2013-2 (2).jpg

She's one sweet ride.

My RM 301 or two just needs a little petro and a ice chest full of goodies and a decision who I feel like riding with. What is not to like. On my way back I will stop at In N Out or Del Taco guaranteed a good night sleep. Or I could stop and buy a whole cheese cake to sample on my way home. They do not take up my whole back yard and will wait until I want to abuse them again. The problem is they need more love than my chain saws. They need to be cleaned and greased along with a piston or two. Thanks

What physicist/astronomer/professor Filippenko of UCLA Berkeley describes is proof that we can change the direction of time.

Double Hole Experiment, Quantum Universe with Alex Filippenko, is a few minutes long and you will never be the same if/when you begin to grasp the results of this experiment.

Did you know that opening your eyes at the right moment reverses time or, "why I can't cut straight."

My RM 301 or two just needs a little petro and a ice chest full of goodies and a decision who I feel like riding with. What is not to like. On my way back I will stop at In N Out or Del Taco guaranteed a good night sleep. Or I could stop and buy a whole cheese cake to sample on my way home. They do not take up my whole back yard and will wait until I want to abuse them again. The problem is they need more love than my chain saws. They need to be cleaned and greased along with a piston or two. Thanks

i always find it amusing when others claim i'm nuts and then, out of the blue, an Admiral Jenkins or his kin appear.

i always find it amusing when others claim i'm nuts...

The fact that you are nuts, and the revelation that you find it amusing, are unrelated to the presence of other nuts in the fruitcake. Clearly, some strong force (perhaps gravity or boredom) are drawing the nuts to the bottom of the salad bowl. Still, there is a distinct difference between unfounded claims and merely stating the obvious, sir. If all of the people who believe that you are not completely nuts were to leave the room, you could not be blamed for experiencing a sudden sense of abandonment... for you would, indeed, be all alone.

The fact that you are nuts, and the revelation that you find it amusing, are unrelated to the presence of other nuts in the fruitcake. Clearly, some strong force (perhaps gravity or boredom) are drawing the nuts to the bottom of the salad bowl. Still, there is a distinct difference between unfounded claims and merely stating the obvious, sir. If all of the people who believe that you are not completely nuts were to leave the room, you could not be blamed for experiencing a sudden sense of abandonment... for you would, indeed, be all alone.

O yea, well, take this:

Latest posts

Back