The real story....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i didn't.

Actually I am off tonight, spending some time with the kids. Ill call in the morning may not be up that way until 10am. Did you get a chance to look at the one across the street?

i'll check it in the AM.call anytime.i'm up late and up early.

Hey Tim,

I buy lots of junky stuff from the Northern Tool and Harbor Freight clearance shelves. Both have stores nearby - and I always give them the benefit of the doubt that whatever I buy won't last very long. Usually I'm not, but sometimes I'm surprised - like with a cut-off saw and 1/2" drill I bought 12+ years ago for ~$15 each. Lots of good use!

I use those stores as sources for tools that I rarely use - but want to have around and don't want to spend a lot of money on. Use 'em, break 'em, throw 'em away. I don't believe that I would want to buy a piece of primary equipment from them - particularly some piece of equipment that my business depended on. I might buy a saw for use as back-up from them - but not a saw that sees regular all-day use. JMO. :)

xtm

xtm

xtm,
you have got a good point there, and will take that all into consideration when talking about something important as a saw.
quality advice in a simple response....couldn't ask for better, xtm!
thanks!

When your life depends on it there is nothing like having a quality saw in the tree with you. Easy as 1, 2, 3. I love having the 361 in the tree with me.

PS dont kill me about the brain bucket last cut of the day I had to take it off sweat was poring in my eye so bad.

DSC05204.JPG

DSC05206.JPG

DSC05207.JPG

DSC05208.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Fishercat I screwed up today I should have snapped a pic of us together when you stopped by the job today.

no biggie.there will be another time buddy!

Hey Fishercat I screwed up today I should have snapped a pic of us together when you stopped by the job today.

we need one with our saws to prove Husky and Stihl owners can get along.:hmm3grin2orange:

don't worry about the brain bucket,i never wear one unless i'm stump grinding (face screen and hearing protection)

now that mooring rope you're using there i have questions about.someones sailboat is floating freely in the sound so you could climb a tree?:greenchainsaw:

nice footage!

when your life depends on it there is nothing like having a quality saw in the tree with you. Easy as 1, 2, 3. I love having the 361 in the tree with me.

Ps dont kill me about the brain bucket last cut of the day i had to take it off sweat was poring in my eye so bad.

dsc05204.jpg

dsc05206.jpg

dsc05207.jpg

dsc05208.jpg

great pics!

we need one with our saws to prove Husky and Stihl owners can get along.:hmm3grin2orange:

don't worry about the brain bucket,i never wear one unless i'm stump grinding (face screen and hearing protection)

now that mooring rope you're using there i have questions about.someones sailboat is floating freely in the sound so you could climb a tree?:greenchainsaw:

Nah its a buckstrap by New England Rope. I actually bought that thing yesterday because I spiked into my old one hanging off my saddle. Thats a temp until a get what I want 2 in 1 about 15'. Works okay for what I am using it for, but I didnt really trust it all that much which is why its criss crossed.

i know,i was bustin' your chops.

does it have a prussic on it? i saw something like that at the SS in South Windsor.i thought of getting one myself.i would have let you borrow a steel core.i have a couple extras.

does it have a prussic on it? i saw something like that at the SS in South Windsor.i thought of getting one myself.i would have let you borrow a steel core.i have a couple extras.

Thats the one, and thats where I bought it. 10 footer was like $50.

PS dont kill me about the brain bucket last cut of the day I had to take it off sweat was poring in my eye so bad.

Ok I promise not to mention the brain bucket.

Where are your chaps?

Hearing protection?

Cross handing the saw in the first pic??

See. No mention of brain bucket! :)

It always happens this way for me too. Whenever I post a pic I see my bad habits leap off the screen... ten minutes after the edit time limit runs out of course....

At least it was a good looking scarf and back cut!

:cheers:

Ok I promise not to mention the brain bucket.

Where are your chaps?

Hearing protection?

Cross handing the saw in the first pic??

See. No mention of brain bucket! :)

It always happens this way for me too. Whenever I post a pic I see my bad habits leap off the screen... ten minutes after the edit time limit runs out of course....

At least it was a good looking scarf and back cut!

:cheers:

I dont climb with chaps never have.

Hearing protection was on the helmet that I had taken off.

My hands arent crossed, I am using top side of the blade and gripping the bottom of the handle.

Thanks you for the comment of the cuts. Trust me if I didnt think they were decent I would have left the pics out.

My hands arent crossed, I am using top side of the blade and gripping the bottom of the handle.

I was being facetious.

Actually that is quite different to the way I cut top side. I had to look a few times to figure it out. It may not be in the manual but at least the saw can't kick out of the cut at you.

See thats the problem I never read the manual. Where do I get a copy? All joking aside thats a 20" bar on the 361, flipping it gives me more reach to get around to the toe with out having to move and keep a good secure two handed grip on the saw. But heres a better shot of it. I bought a new camera for vacation so the wife is finally letting me take the old one to beat around with.

DSC05200.JPG

Last edited:
I have used a powerhouse chainsaw, Its case is black and blue for a reason. It will work ya so hard you'll be black and blue too. Save your 160 bucks and see what you can get used. I had the enjoyment of running one of these saws while helping my bil clear a fence line, Ran his dads walmart "wildsaw" the next day. They are on the same level.

Back