The real story....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now that we are all freinds again I stand by my statment. Save some more money and by quality it may be painful up front but it will pay for itself down the line. Look for a good used saw if money is that tight because, in this economy its tighter for someone else and there are deals to be had and you may just help someone out. And guys if you bring your feelings to a thread or to work with you, well do I have to say any more. Hey stihl I have a 4 year old girl and she sharpens all my chains and were moving up to filter cleaning next week. :chainsaw:

LOL awesome

Hey stihl I have a 4 year old girl and she sharpens all my chains and were moving up to filter cleaning next week. :chainsaw:

Just thought I'd drop this. I read this and thought you said she sharpens them while moving. lmao. I was two seconds from asking for video of the poor girl losing a hand or something...Sorry.

Good hit on the kids though. See, further proof that we're not all useless!! lol

God bless everyone

Jeff

Hey, my 5 year old daughter can tell you how to change out the pads and rotors on a 1-ton (she's not quite strong enough to lift one of them there rotors but....) and my 8 year old can tap a keg by herself for you. The 10 year old daughter, well, what can I say? She's artistic.

:cheers:

i may have an extra copy if you need it.

I can totally appreciate the help too. Sitting with my brother for like 15 hours on Saturday really helped clear things up. I've got the 2005 edition of Tree Climbing Field Guide. Lots of info in there. Good stuff. I don't have the companion yet as everyone around me is out, and likely to get more in AUG?!? I was mystified. lol

BTW I don't think you're french. If the french had chainsaws, I highly doubt they'd be in the situation their in. Ever see how many blasted trees they got? wasting valuable parking space if ya ask me. lmao

Oh, and canopy boy, if it wasn't family. lol I wasn't planning on going home that night either, just got frusterated with the POS I actually kicked the dang thing at one point. Honestly, was the most impressive thing now that I think about it...NOTHING BROKE!! Well, that is to say that the saw still sucked, but no cosmetics anyway. lol

Jeff

my step brother is in Holly/Davisburg MI.he probably has some trees you can practice on.if you're interested,let me know.

My brother is in Clarkston but i took all his trees down already.

Flint is a tough town these days.i don't know how you guys survive up there.a damn shame what these greedy friggin' unions have done to our auto industry.i hate those bastards.

my step brother is in Holly/Davisburg MI.he probably has some trees you can practice on.if you're interested,let me know.

My brother is in Clarkston but i took all his trees down already.

Flint is a tough town these days.i don't know how you guys survive up there.a damn shame what these greedy friggin' unions have done to our auto industry.i hate those bastards.

I appreciate the help.

Flint is tough, plus there's so many laws. (i.e. A guy who takes probably 50% of my hard woods, was loading the other day. Got about 10 minutes from home on back roads, and a cop stops him, cuz he's over weight?!? S-10 with a 1Ton p/u bed converted to a trailer, had total about 1.75 cord of wood. I'm not saying he wasn't overloaded, just kinda useless stopping the guy. I of course fronted $$ for the tickets and fines. Seems silly to me though. I stay in business because of word of mouth. I've got a few $5-10K jobs coming up, which should help, but they're 40 minutes away. lol

My wife helps pay our bills obviously too. lol Insurance is paid for a yr, on everything, 2yrs on equipment and vehicles, and health for about 18months. I try and throw money at that stuff when I can. I don't bid for my truck, or car payment, or to pay equipment, cuz I've got no payment. I pay cash for everything, otherwise I sub it out. I've been subbing a lot of chipping lately, seems about time to invest.

Have a blessed day,

Jeff

Honestly, I need practice spiking. I get a good 10 foot run going, then I pull out. I try and go slow, but I dunno what's happening. I'd imagine if I knew, I wouldn't need help. lmao

Thanks guys,

Jeff

i may be there soon.

Honestly, I need practice spiking. I get a good 10 foot run going, then I pull out. I try and go slow, but I dunno what's happening. I'd imagine if I knew, I wouldn't need help. lmao

Thanks guys,

Jeff

my mom has cancer so i am gonna get out there soon.we can meet up and i can give you some pointers.i'll be staying in Clarkston.

you're lucky you have work up in the Flint area from what i hear.i was there for new years and things were looking bad then.i was born in Lapeer.it's a small world i tell ya.

my mom has cancer so i am gonna get out there soon.we can meet up and i can give you some pointers.i'll be staying in Clarkston.

you're lucky you have work up in the Flint area from what i hear.i was there for new years and things were looking bad then.i was born in Lapeer.it's a small world i tell ya.

For sure! I'd love the opportunity to learn somethings from a pro. Heck, I'll even buy ya lunch or something. lol Serious, I'd greatly appreciate it.

As far as work goes, I got it now, so, I'm gonna beat it to death. I hesitate to hire guys on some jobs, because very few people want to work up here. So for the jobs that aren't time sensitive, I'll do the whole thing myself, and make my wife help after work. lol I've got 2 people waiting for esimates in Grand Blanc, one is a very important looking lawyer. Gonna barter some stuff with him, and make some cash. Should work beautifully.

When abouts ya thinking of heading to the sewer affectionately called Michigan?

God bless

Jeff

Fishercat let me know when your gonna go by that house, another neighbor looking for work I cant take right now.

i can't believe no one there wants to work.

For sure! I'd love the opportunity to learn somethings from a pro. Heck, I'll even buy ya lunch or something. lol Serious, I'd greatly appreciate it.

As far as work goes, I got it now, so, I'm gonna beat it to death. I hesitate to hire guys on some jobs, because very few people want to work up here. So for the jobs that aren't time sensitive, I'll do the whole thing myself, and make my wife help after work. lol I've got 2 people waiting for esimates in Grand Blanc, one is a very important looking lawyer. Gonna barter some stuff with him, and make some cash. Should work beautifully.

When abouts ya thinking of heading to the sewer affectionately called Michigan?

God bless

Jeff

they must be former union guys.we used to deer hunt in Grand Blanc.it's probably been developed by now.i miss Michigan a lot.i just couldn't handle the job market there.it still has the best hunting,fishing and snowmobiling of anywhere i have ever been.offroading sucks though,no rocks.

they must be former union guys.we used to deer hunt in Grand Blanc.it's probably been developed by now.i miss Michigan a lot.i just couldn't handle the job market there.it still has the best hunting,fishing and snowmobiling of anywhere i have ever been.offroading sucks though,no rocks.

Now your talking my game the hunting isnt too bad here man.

the hunting here could be good.

Now your talking my game the hunting isn't too bad here man.

if the tree hugging lesbians were kicked out of the DEP.this state has the stupidest hunting regs i have ever seen.they don't know a damn thing about conservation.they damn sure don't care about nature or the animals.

between 6 and 7.we just had a friggin' Monsoon heree.

Well I left for the day when the rain started. But ask the HO about the neighbors house. If HO isnt there when your standing in here driveway look across the street and 1 house down (I think) you will see a up rooted tree in the back yard that has been cut some. Thats the house. I will be back around there tomorrow in and out from another house up the road.

Last edited:
if the tree hugging lesbians were kicked out of the DEP.this state has the stupidest hunting regs i have ever seen.they don't know a damn thing about conservation.they damn sure don't care about nature or the animals.

Well I will agree on one thing for sure, their idea of deer management sucks

she didn't say anything.

i tried to call but you must have been at your other job already.

call me on your way over tomorrow.i'll run over and meet you.i'd like to go over the job anyway.we could meet at the DD or TH.

i tried to call but you must have been at your other job already.

call me on your way over tomorrow.i'll run over and meet you.i'd like to go over the job anyway.we could meet at the DD or TH.

Actually I am off tonight, spending some time with the kids. Ill call in the morning may not be up that way until 10am. Did you get a chance to look at the one across the street?

I paid a guy $15/hr for about 12 hrs a day once, and he said he wouldn't be back. It wasn't worth the money?!? lmao I said cool. That's the kind of people there are, it's $30/hr, and they want 100 breaks, or they will collect their checks. lol

I LOVE the hunting and fishing. I live on a lake, so every chance I get I hit the water.

Talk at ya soon,

Jeff

Back