The Reality Of Trying To Buy A Dolmar...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rb_in_va said:
I found a dealer 4 miles from my new house, and it took me a about 2 minutes as well. Maybe the dealer locator just got fixed, eh? Might stop by on the way home.

I went to the Dolmar dealer today. They had a PS-34, PS-6400, and a PS-7300 on the shelf. Also they had some Shindiawa as well. They are a Stihl dealer and Hustler mower dealer but I didn't see any of those. The shop looked a little out of sorts, so maybe they were doing construction and had a limited number of items on display.

Might be the same shop?

Wonder if you stopped by the same shop we stopped at? The concrete saws and we got a question, "Why you want to buy one of those?". North East Portland kind of?

rb_in_va said:
I went to the Dolmar dealer today. They had a PS-34, PS-6400, and a PS-7300 on the shelf. Also they had some Shindiawa as well. They are a Stihl dealer and Hustler mower dealer but I didn't see any of those. The shop looked a little out of sorts, so maybe they were doing construction and had a limited number of items on display.

sanmigmike said:
Wonder if you stopped by the same shop we stopped at? The concrete saws and we got a question, "Why you want to buy one of those?". North East Portland kind of?

sanmigmike,
It was in Hampton, VA.

I said over a year ago that Dolmar as a company was half Azzed. The usual suspects chimed in about how things were changing etc....it sure is taking them a long time as these problems have existed for ages.:bang:
Have they fixed the **** oiler design yet or the long back orders on parts? The dealer network in the UP of MI is so shoddy thats in effect non existent.
ONe other thing if the powers that be are listening. Ditch the rev limters on the 5100 and 7900. I just bought a 50cc saw and despite my past negative expiereances with Dolmar I was really considering a 5100 based on reports of its performance. When i found out it had a rev limiter I bought a 346 and havent looked back.

Found Dealer Easy - Just no saws.

Found dealer 30min away in about 2 minutes from thier web site.

Called and they only had a Dolmar Cutoff Saw. They said if I was looking for a chainsaw they had Echo's and Cub Cadets I should come look at.

They did say they could 'probably' get a Dolmar Chainsaw - if I ordered one...

Add that to the list of non-stocking dealers.

O.K. back to work...

Chaser

Back