The return of Shelby the swamp man???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axe men isn't back AFAIK. Maybe too many participants croaked or are in the can?
This guy is parhaps nuts but the show is much bs IMO. NOBODY is going to bite the head off a water moccasin no less catch one while swimming without getting bit. A bite from one is a trip to the hospital even for a swamp magnate. MUCH different than a copper head bite which is usually uncomfortable but not very damaging.
Shelby stanga also has a felony arrest record for taking an old cypress that wasn't his for the taking. I never found out what the conviction or disposition for the arrest ended up being. Seems nuts to have a felony conviction for cutting down a swamp cypress but that another topic.
All in all I'd say he has a sordid history and I wouldn't want him to so much as glance at my daughter, or wife, or dog[emoji16].
It's is entertaining IMO because I can sit there and pick apart all the bs that's part of the show.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So how is Shelby back if Ax Man isn't? I haven't watched TV in 4 or 5 years, so don't really keep up with this stuff.

I was watching a bit of the marathon yesterday morning. I always wondered if just anyone can harvest these abandoned logs that are underwater, on the banks, or floating? Or do they have special permits?

I'm sure there are federal and state guidelines. Some folks have done it in my area in the cape fear river. Lots of old cypress and heart pine sitting on the bottom just like the guys in Florida pull up. Beautiful wood too.
I suspect there are a thousand hoops one has to jump through to make sure some microscopic snail doesn't get coaxed into farting while a log is pulled up.
It's a shame that there are enough restrictions that it makes river wood recovery prohibitive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oh.

I usually fast forwarded through his "section" when on Ax Man. Was interested in logging, not lowering my IQ!

So you went outside and cut wood? Shelby was the only one that didn't have a ***** fight going every episode for axmens final 3 seasons. You didn't miss much other than history channel hiring some crackheads(zitterkopf) to fall from trees an yank their own teeth out.

I was watching a bit of the marathon yesterday morning. I always wondered if just anyone can harvest these abandoned logs that are underwater, on the banks, or floating? Or do they have special permits?
I remember hearing that the method used to fell the tree initially is part of it. Trees with obvious hand felling notches were fair game, trees felled by more modern techniques (more recent) were not fair game.

Back