The Sleeper 024S Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me what you do to 026 muffs, the 024 I've saw are horrible. I like to trash most of the the024/ 026 crap, or gut it.

And I like the 026 cyl work. How much you take off the top of piston, then the bottom of the jug? Early and late timings? Don't care to share that is a O.K. I assume your lowering of the top of ex has a lot to do with your pref of early 026, that is skimming the bottom of the jug. You gain RPM but loose a lot of torque dropping the Ex port

Dang fellas I'm stoked to see my little guy up here, this thread was a really cool surprise! Thanks Randy and Jon for all your hard work, I'm truly grateful.

Just got a mesh filter lead from a friend of ours here. Will check it out Monday morning.

Please tell me what you do to 026 muffs, the 024 I've saw are horrible. I like to trash most of the the024/ 026 crap, or gut it.

And I like the 026 cyl work. How much you take off the top of piston, then the bottom of the jug? Early and late timings? Don't care to share that is a O.K. I assume your lowering of the top of ex has a lot to do with your pref of early 026, that is skimming the bottom of the jug. You gain RPM but loose a lot of torque dropping the Ex port

Not true at all. RPM is tied to engine design more than port timing numbers.

I'm not sure what you are asking about the muffler. The pics should explain.

Cut the piston till the dome is gone........about .045.

Then take .050 - .060" out of the squish band.......cut the base to get the squish clearance you desire.

The NWP filter (available through Bailey's) is mesh and works quite well.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...6-MS-260-Chainsaws-Replaces-1121-120-1617.axd

Joe

That's for an 026........won't fit an 024.

Well when you get this one all figured out you could build me one just like it
:sweet:

I can.....and I will. :)

Course no one was sleeping at the GTG today when the Oh-Nine-Oh was running.
You couldn't tell how hard people were lifting. On the handle.
It just kept pulling. Hard.
Thanks again.

The OH-NINE-OH huh? :laugh:

Everyone loves a small saw that punches above its weight. With all new bits and mods that little saw has a lot of fun left in it.

Yessir. I had heard about the 024 / 026 swap and when Randy posted up a similar thread with videos a couple months ago of the same swap in the wood, well, I just had to have one myself. THAT was a honkin' little sack of saw nuts!

I don't get out in the woods or to a pile near enough to ever put too many hours on this gem, but boy am I ever gonna try!

Will the 026 filter not fit under the 024 cover, I thought they were the same chassis? Or is there a break where they will or won't (old style vs. new style or something) because I could have swore when I worked for a Stihl dealer it was the same part number.

Joe

Gotcha, Baileys needs to update their add then, for the dummies like me that wouldn't have known any better. :crazy:

Joe

Latest posts

Back