The Sleeper 024S Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You didn't tell me about this one Mel...[emoji20]
But maybe you will have it back for next Saturday. I've got plenty of wood to keep that saw occupied all day. Of course I can't wait to try the Homelite 750 Randy did for you too!!! [emoji12]

Lol, what one, Dan?
Yessir, this "024 Super 6" is joining a pretty sweet family line from Cottle Lane. Running that '750 next weekend'll be the highlight for us though as the little guy'll be staying in Tennessee for another week or so. ;)
Huge thanks Jeremy for jumping in with the filter we needed.

Great thread as always. I am in the process of building a similar saw, except for two things. Mine is still in a million pieces, and it will have flippy caps at both ends. It will be an ms240 pro, really just an NOS ms260 pro with NOS 024 plastic on it.

Lol, what one, Dan?
Yessir, this "024 Super 6" is joining a pretty sweet family line from Cottle Lane. Running that '750 next weekend'll be the highlight for us though as the little guy'll be staying in Tennessee for another week or so. ;)
Huge thanks Jeremy for jumping in with the filter we needed.
Oh well... Next time for that one. We will still have a good time with the others!!

Great thread again Randy thank you. To expand on Onans questions, is the case the same on the super and 026? And help out the ignorant, I thought the super has the same bore as the 26?

Scored it off of the bay but thought it was lost in transit. Took probably over a month to get it from Wisconsin to Pennsylvania:eek:

That was a very early 024 AV Super... the later ones had a different crank case (side chain tensioner, etc.).

Nice work - certainly a jaw dropper when running :picture:

Back