The Sleeper 024S Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumor has it you have an 024s standard p/c that you might not need and could sell?
I have an 024s that I over spent on to buy and now need at least a piston,I should have looked closer at the gray spark plug the 1st time I took it out,and the low 110psi compression,.Lesson learned?
I 've never done a piston swap on one of these,the only hassle is the intake boot?
Thanks alot
Circlips on piston pin are harder than intake boot on most saws

Rumor has it you have an 024s standard p/c that you might not need and could sell?
I have an 024s that I over spent on to buy and now need at least a piston,I should have looked closer at the gray spark plug the 1st time I took it out,and the low 110psi compression,.Lesson learned?
I 've never done a piston swap on one of these,the only hassle is the intake boot?
Thanks alot

The top end from this saw is Mel's.........you'd need to ask him about it.

Randy:
I got to stop reading this post.
Starting to want one of those Monkey Wrenched 024 Supers.........

David

I hear ya, David. I've been itchin' like a junkie, wanting to have Randy do this since I saw his 024s conversion thread last year.
I have absolutely no NEED for the saw, can't rationalize or justify it no matter how hard I try, but man do I ever WANT it! Lol
Went and bought a tiny tach specifically because of this saw. Yup, I guess I got it bad...

Back