The Sleeper 024S Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do have one issue... ...We need a mesh air filter for this thing, and can't find one..... :(
Those mesh air filters for an 024 cost an arm and a leg--about $30. That's because so few are available and they are being scalped. The o26 air filter will not work with the 024 shroud and filter cover. BUT, the 026 shroud and filter cover will fit the 024 and then so will an o26 filter. All you then have to do is make a new tank vent. BTDT.

Carb issues. Won't hold a tune. I've got a new 194 in route.
I also ran into this. First, I'm trying a carb rebuild. If it fails, a new 194 will be ordered. Small world, MM.

Frankly, I'm not sure why we are doing this. The 026 PRO is a better saw with more grunt. I guess we climb mountains because they are there.

Jumped on here quick. Wrapping up my stay in Tennessee, heading North to Bowling Green Ohio first thing in the morning to pick up an old (1965) Wheel Horse tractor then Home. Will fill y'all in in a few days. Huge thanks to Randy, was a real pleasure to meet and visit with you and your lovely Bride. Looking forward to doing it again real soon!

Back