The Story of The Day, you guys will love this

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jp hallman said:
Like the bumper sticker...I saw this in Dallas, Texas. Scooting down 635 I saw a 450SL white convertable coming up on my left side...cutey blonde. I tried to "Smarm" her. She made it past me without a smile, I saw her bumper sticker then. "I have PMS, and a Handgun". I backed off.

hahahaha, that was good.....

THALL10326 said:
haha, that would be something indeed but as luck would have it she has yet to return with anything, haven't seen her. I know I gave her no reason what so ever not to come back for we were laffing and carring on the whole time. I think maybe she had a change of heart after she got home about buying a saw and if so good for her I say. Then again she may show up yet, who knows.
I read all the posts and understood everyone's point of view. Some agreed with me and some did not and thats cool. I never said I could stop her from buying what she wanted, only that I could try to steer her away from it. If she is determind then by law I think I have no choice but to give her what she wants and thats fine. I have no problem at all with selling her a saw but I'm going to look out for her first and if I fail to convince her, then the saw, not the other way around. I come from the old school where the parents looked out for the kids and as the parents got up in years the kids looked out for them. This issue sorta reminds me of the parents that bought their 16year old a new Mustang or Corvette as their first car. A few weeks or months later they buried their kid and regretted the rest of their life. Happens way to often and coming from old school I'll stick to my guns and continue to look out for what is most important, the person, verses a sale. Some said what if it was a man, instead of a woman, to that I say makes no differance at all. Some said I'm judging people due to their age and I don't think so at all. I call it looking out for them because of their age, not judging them at all. Some say age shouldn't be a factor no matter what and to those I say reflexes slow down with age admit it or not. Saws take no prisoners, saws don't care if your reflexes are slow and it flies back in your face and your unable to over power it or too slow to react. Thats where I come in and try to prevent that from ever happening to anyone who is more prone to that because of their age. Sometime you have to do what is right verses what everyone thinks and thats what I'm gonna continue to do. She may well get her saw, I won't and can't stop her. I see no harm at all or any judging to politely try to steer her away from it. She may well tell me to clamp it sonny and say give me that saw. I'll laff and say ok, you win, lets go fire it up babycake. Thats the way I talk to all my women folk customers and they eat it up and guess what I don't care how old they are. In fact my older ladies love the flirting more than those sassy young ones,hahahaha

Good points unless you base your evaluation solely on age. It does appear that way in some places in the above. That would be way off base.

Harry K

he's 82........

.........the guy next door. drags, bucks and loads with me all day.

thing is, can't start his saws anymore. kills him, i can tell. still a big strong formidable man, just can't generate any speed.

he's got an older 51, i've tuned this thing to start by telling it to, he can't start it. kinda kills me, too.

on a brighter note, this means i gotta go with him. i don't mind at all. rich in history and life's lessons. we take the big tractor out, drag some of the nastiest hedge from the nastiest places, wet, dirty and heavy, work 'till afternoon.

i go home and die, he goes and works a rather large farm 'till dark. where'd they get this stuff?

i don't own a saw with a compression release, ya think my buddy could start one? he's a dropper, has hammer toes really bad. he can get down once, but that's it.

My father in law used his Jred 621 and his Ferguson tractor from 1957 in the woods until he was 85.
:jawdrop: He even used a buzz saw driven by the tractor, with no safety covers, even after that. That was looking real scary :eek: , and I finally convinced him to quit, and let me cut his firewood with chainsaws instead.

Latest posts

Back