The stump Tom Hall thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FS250 hot start problem.

My 250s have a hot start problem, I let em warm up and i let them idle for a bit before shutting them off, But sometimes when they are hot/warm the Primer pump wont pull any fuel through.

New filters fitted, Ive tested the tank breather and they are fine.

The only thing that works is to use the other srtimmer intul it cools down and then the primers will work again and they will start.

And yes the tanks are full of nice fresh mix, Cold they will start in the morning with ONE pull!

One five gallon bucket of ice, problem solved,LOL

If the primer stops drawing fuel something is stopping it. How old are these 250's. May be time to change the fuel hose and primer hoses themselves. Sounds like you changed everything else cept those. Hoses on the 250 get soft with age and sometimes collaspe when heated up. Oddly on the 80-85's they get stiff and crack, differant type of hose..

1-MS230 at 239.95 Three Wild Things at 149.95each, Stihl is the better value!!!

You've missed my point.

It's exactly same as the false economy of a single guy buying food in the family pack size. Sure, you may save $.20 a pound on a $6 per pound package of steak, but if you only use 1/3 of the package before it spoils, that $.20 per pound savings just turned into 300% losses because you only used 1/3 of the package. :cheers:

You've missed my point.

It's exactly same as the false economy of a single guy buying food in the family pack size. Sure, you may save $.20 a pound on a $6 per pound package of steak, but if you only use 1/3 of the package before it spoils, that $.20 per pound savings just turned into 300% losses because you only used 1/3 of the package. :cheers:

1 x 239.95 is 239.95 for 1000 hours of use. 3 x 149.95 is 449.85 for 1000 hours of use. Chainsaws don't spoil, people don't eat them either ,LOL

Also if the saws aren't used and sold once again the value of the used Stihl will be double what the value of the Wild Thing will be.

So the point remains clear, Stihl is the better value,hehe

No, but at 5 hours per year, people sure as hell spoil. :cheers:

Due to the lack of no prep, no instructions to the user buying the Wild Thing most Wild Things don't last 5 hours due to operator error. That same user will come to me and get a Stihl and get a education that will prevent him from ruining his saw. He will also get to met the one and only and never forget the sound of Elvis filling the shop, something not found at Wal-mart.

So that in itself once again proves what, yup, the Stihl is a better value,LOLOL

Due to the lack of no prep, no instructions to the user buying the Wild Thing most Wild Things don't last 5 hours due to operator error. That same user will come to me and get a Stihl and get a education that will prevent him from ruining his saw. He will also get to met the one and only and never forget the sound of Elvis filling the shop, something not found at Wal-mart.

So that in itself once again proves what, yup, the Stihl is a better value,LOLOL

You assume that because Stihl users are incompetent and need instructions, Poulan users do as well. That's assuming facts not in evidence. :hmm3grin2orange:

You assume that because Stihl users are incompetent and need instructions, Poulan users do as well. That's assuming facts not in evidence. :hmm3grin2orange:

I got proof. The last Wild Thing/Poulan user I sold a 361 to claimed he bought 5 of those cheap saws in 5 years, none according to him lasted more than a year each. His own words were "I've come to finally buy a real saw".

5 x 149.95=$749.75 5yrs, 5 saws. 5 hours a year according to you totals 25 hours.

1 x 599.95=$599.95 1-361 Will last 1000 hours. 5 hours a year according to you means that saw will last 200 years,LOLOL

Stihl is the better value...

I got proof. The last Wild Thing/Poulan user I sold a 361 to claimed he bought 5 of those cheap saws in 5 years, none according to him lasted more than a year each. His own words were "I've come to finally buy a real saw".

5 x 149.95=$749.75 5yrs, 5 saws. 5 hours a year according to you totals 25 hours.

1 x 599.95=$599.95 1-361 Will last 1000 hours. 5 hours a year according to you means that saw will last 200 years,LOLOL

Stihl is the better value...
But that doesn't match what you stated earlier, does it. :hmm3grin2orange:
The Wild Thing may go 300-400 hours before cylinder wear becomes a compression issue due to the lack of cylinder coating at manufacture. So one 230,250 should outlast 3 Wild Things with ease.

But that doesn't match what you stated earlier, does it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Your cherry picking, what happened to the fresh fuel and maintence, hmmmmmmmmmmm. See thats the big differance, a Wild Thing bought in the box will ususally get neither fresh fuel or taken care of. The customer isn't going to read the owners manual. When he buys a Stihl he's shown and told what he needs know and do to get full life out of his saw. Even then many still won't take care of thier saw, thats where I come in, no one comes in for the Wild Thing.

Stihl the better value....

Yeah well, you're growing cherries. :hmm3grin2orange:

Hahahaha, good one. Remember always this. It only takes a few missed words to lose your case. When you question someone remember every word of the answer counts.

I'll see you in court punk,LOL

Now since when would you go to court? I figured you would just go out to the woodshed and get your gas can instead.....

:biggrinbounce2:

I'm cutting him some slack. He's in school learning to be a lawyer so I wanna test him before I burn him to a crisp,haha

Tommie ole boy,

I'm a little slow, but I'm trying to catch up with the rest of the class. I always wondered what possible benefit it would it be for a law student to work at Home Depot. You have given me the clue I needed.

Ever notice how the help is a little "slow" at Home Depot and you always spend a lot of time there? Well, ole Space is learning how to s t r e t c h o u t his time, because as a lawyer, that's all he's got - time.

As usual, my gratitude,

Joat

If he worked in the masonery dept., would he be a trowel lawyer?

One five gallon bucket of ice, problem solved,LOL

If the primer stops drawing fuel something is stopping it. How old are these 250's. May be time to change the fuel hose and primer hoses themselves. Sounds like you changed everything else cept those. Hoses on the 250 get soft with age and sometimes collaspe when heated up. Oddly on the 80-85's they get stiff and crack, differant type of hose..

One is 2005 the other 2007.
I can suck the pipes together with mouth vac.:dizzy:

Im still waiting for the rings you gave me the part number for and a carb kit, Its only been 2 weeks now lol
I was quizzed on where i got the part number that is not on the UK version of mediacat:)

Change your fuel hose, its closing up on you. Next..

NO

Sounds like a new fuel filter is necessary. If the hose is filled with gas, it won't compress.

and NO again

I replaced the fuel line, tank vent, and fuel filter today and it still does the same thing. The saw will idol all day without a problem but once in a while after a cut it will act like it is running out of fuel and stall, sometimes it will keep running if I feather the throttle but if it dies the only way to get it going again is on the warm start with a few pulls.

Back