The stump Tom Hall thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO

Sounds like a new fuel filter is necessary. If the hose is filled with gas, it won't compress.

and NO again

I replaced the fuel line, tank vent, and fuel filter today and it still does the same thing. The saw will idol all day without a problem but once in a while after a cut it will act like it is running out of fuel and stall, sometimes it will keep running if I feather the throttle but if it dies the only way to get it going again is on the warm start with a few pulls.

Welp I've been stumped,:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Do 361's cause testicular cancer and impotence if used daily? I'll bet that Stihl saws cause cancer in the state of California.

On topic, Thall why; so many stihl faithful users are disgusted with flippy caps and air filtration issues with the products you sell. So, why do the engineers seemingly turn a deaf ear to their constituents and build them with these inferior design flaws? Is it because the dealers want to sell more parts and service more saws, if so, it could be said that stihl is made to suit the dealers needs more than the users.

On topic, Thall why; so many stihl faithful users are disgusted with flippy caps and air filtration issues with the products you sell. So, why do the engineers seemingly turn a deaf ear to their constituents and build them with these inferior design flaws? Is it because the dealers want to sell more parts and service more saws, if so, it could be said that stihl is made to suit the dealers needs more than the users.

Ole Rope,

I'll field this easy one for ole Tomme. It's because the German's think their ears are defective. They figure that their ears should send their own superior thoughts and ideas from their brains to other less-superior brains. The concept of their ears as a receptor for ideas from others has never caught on nor is not even being considered as a possibility for the future.

Customer input? Bah, humbug!

Any BMW owner learns this early in the 'ownership experience',

Joat

Ole Rope,

I'll field this easy one for ole Tomme. It's because the German's think their ears are defective. They figure that their ears should send their own superior thoughts and ideas from their brains to other less-superior brains. The concept of their ears as a receptor for ideas from others has never caught on nor is not even being considered as a possibility for the future.

Customer input? Bah, humbug!

Any BMW owner learns this early in the 'ownership experience',

Joat
Thanks ole Joat so that's why I use another brand because of my superior experience.

I'm not bitter about my flippy caps, air filtration, or anything else. Anything made by man is not perfect, especially Huskys. Only perfection there is comes from God above.

Well Rope you own two of them, we knew you just had to havem,haha

Now I have to ask ya Rope, how many flippy caps have you seen get busted by use of a scrench from over tighening, NONE. Seems those engineers figured out a way to out smart those folks who kept busting caps with the scrench, slick fellers those guys are.

I've never needed to use a scrench to tighten the caps on my Stihl, do these guys who butcher them have something wrong with their fingers?

Well Rope you own two of them, we knew you just had to havem,haha

Now I have to ask ya Rope, how many flippy caps have you seen get busted by use of a scrench from over tighening, NONE. Seems those engineers figured out a way to out smart those folks who kept busting caps with the scrench, slick fellers those guys are.

So then your market is steered toward people that don't know how to be a sawperator then
righto? Pro sawperators know how to tighten proper and yes I own two and see the flaws in design not that they are not of good quality just need some issues worked out in design. I enjoy my Ms 200 t since modding it but the funneling dirt into the tank is more bothersome to me than the flippy cap although the cap contributes to this by dirt caking in under the lever.
Thall I have to blow it off on every fill up because I can't stand the thought of dirt getting into my tank. I cannot see why this flaw has eluded quality control in the manufacturing of this product. I also have to clean filter daily and feel the unnecessary or extra maintenance will keep me from buying another stihl in the future unless these issues are worked out.

I've never needed to use a scrench to tighten the caps on my Stihl, do these guys who butcher them have something wrong with their fingers?

Well if you are a free thinker like most non-stihl owners you don't need a scrench to tighten any cap on any saw. Sometimes from use and vibration they tighten up to the point where you need a scrench to open them. I think the "Flippy caps" break when opening the oil/gas tank because they can't take the pressure required to open them after use.

Ya know sometimes you gotta wonder... If the engineers at Stihl painted a turd and put a stihl sticker on it the stihl guys would say it cures cancer. You're only buying a brand name.

Well if you are a free thinker like most non-stihl owners you don't need a scrench to tighten any cap on any saw. Sometimes from use and vibration they tighten up to the point where you need a scrench to open them. I think the "Flippy caps" break when opening the oil/gas tank because they can't take the pressure required to open them after use.

Ya know sometimes you gotta wonder... If the engineers at Stihl painted a turd and put a stihl sticker on it the stihl guys would say it cures cancer. You're only buying a brand name.

Tried to nova you for that get you later!

So then your market is steered toward people that don't know how to be a sawperator then
righto? Pro sawperators know how to tighten proper and yes I own two and see the flaws in design not that they are not of good quality just need some issues worked out in design. I enjoy my Ms 200 t since modding it but the funneling dirt into the tank is more bothersome to me than the flippy cap although the cap contributes to this by dirt caking in under the lever.
Thall I have to blow it off on every fill up because I can't stand the thought of dirt getting into my tank. I cannot see why this flaw has eluded quality control in the manufacturing of this product. I also have to clean filter daily and feel the unnecessary or extra maintenance will keep me from buying another stihl in the future unless these issues are worked out.

Rope there is a flip side to the flippy caps, more people like them than dislike them, me included. I have no problem with them at all. I got over 20 saws with them and all of them work just fine. I just looked at my units sold and I've sold over 3000 Stihl's in the last few years with those caps on them and I can't recall hardly anyone complaining about them. I do hear some stories from time to time where they thought it was on and it wasn't and got a wet leg when they picked the saw up. I sell less replacement flip caps than I do the old style twist caps. So comparing the sales of replacement caps the flippy cap is doing a better job then the twist cap...

Rope there is a flip side to the flippy caps, more people like them than dislike them, me included. I have no problem with them at all. I got over 20 saws with them and all of them work just fine. I just looked at my units sold and I've sold over 3000 Stihl's in the last few years with those caps on them and I can't recall hardly anyone complaining about them. I do hear some stories from time to time where they thought it was on and it wasn't and got a wet leg when they picked the saw up. I sell less replacement flip caps than I do the old style twist caps. So comparing the sales of replacement caps the flippy cap is doing a better job then the twist cap...

Either that or once they break them they go to the husky dealer for something that fits and works with a scrench.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back