The Teddy.Scout Situation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the teddy scout situation

sorry to hear the news i lost both my parents it's a hard pill to swallow
my prayers to you and yours.

Update

well, seems his luck is on a downward spiral.

his dad is still alive though, but his grandma is now in the same hospital as his dad.

Thank you for the comfort we find in Your presence. Through the Holy Spirit we know Your presence is with us. Send us Your peace Lord; the peace that passes all understanding. Don’t let us waiver and doubt, give us a faith that is everlasting. We willingly release our lives into Your hands. As we wait and watch, we know Lord, that none of us will escape this life's journey. Teach us how to embrace the end with faith, give us strength to hold up those who are stepping closer to seeing You face to face. Take away the fear in the heart of our loved one, who will soon see You. Let them find peace in Your grace, comfort in Your love, and strength in Your mighty power over death. Comfort us, the living, as our grief seems to over power us.

Thank you for the comfort we find in Your presence. Through the Holy Spirit we know Your presence is with us. Send us Your peace Lord; the peace that passes all understanding. Don’t let us waiver and doubt, give us a faith that is everlasting. We willingly release our lives into Your hands. As we wait and watch, we know Lord, that none of us will escape this life's journey. Teach us how to embrace the end with faith, give us strength to hold up those who are stepping closer to seeing You face to face. Take away the fear in the heart of our loved one, who will soon see You. Let them find peace in Your grace, comfort in Your love, and strength in Your mighty power over death. Comfort us, the living, as our grief seems to over power us.

Amen.

Mr. HE:cool:

Thought about it for a good 2-3 days as to what to say!

BUT, not much other than
THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Means the world to my AMAZING bride and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad was getting treatment prior to all this at the Cleveland Clinic and the Mayo Clinic so I guess he bought some time as it was.
The bride just came home from the Hospice meeting with my sister and I have the room set up at our house. Ya! The stubborn bastard seems to be bullet proof!
Well, they did what they can! Plus It is best he will be at home and not in the hospital for his last few bed-ridden days. I think I kept gas prices down for you guys with the trips into Cleveland and bought a parking garage at the Cleveland clinic this past month with all the fees!! LOL! Won't miss driving into the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have told us days left for the past month and the last of what they can do for his pain and Leukemia was finished yesterday.
The old man is coming home for the last time.
Master bedroom belongs to him now as it is the last thing We can offer him till it is time.
Man it has been weird! Going from the punk kid of the family matriarch to the one that is!
Now I know why he was the way he was!!!!!
Kinda weird to go from asking-calling him up asking questions, to the one that has to make decisions!!!! Bottom line it sucks! But it is what it is and I am thankful for it all!

And again! Mrs. Teddy.scout has been and forced to be the TRUE matriarch of are family with out a FLINCH of a eye for a family she came into, taking care of my father and grandparents(and me)! So to say I am in charge is WRONG! She has been and didn't even flinch with it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to show her this thread and let her see the type of people I spend a many hour with!!!

Thanks guys!

Personal crap aside, had time to do a much needed catch up and got out a good many packages to mostly members here! Sorry for the delay and even more, thanks for your patience guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely and appreciatively Mr. and Mrs teddy.scout

P.S. many members here went above and beyond with your thoughts and well wishes! THOSE ARE NOT FORGOTTEN! And will be made even in true CAD fashion as it is still strong within!! Had some times to read IPL's as if they were novels. Especial thanks to those who sent me links to sites, as surfing with a Blackberry is pointless and the links made it easier while I sat on a white powder coated blue cushioned blue seat I called my home a bit more tolerable this past month!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Know ya man but I hope I get this much lovin' on my way out! I hope your dad journeys well and all is good. Too bad we can't just turn the hour glass over.
Be well

I'm sorry to hear the bad news Matt. But this is the way life is meant to be lived, the father takes care of his son until the time comes when the son has to take care of the father. My best wishes to you during this sad time.

That is well put and i agree.
I will think positive thoughts for the both of you. I couldnt imagine life without my dad....hes always got my back! This type of thing makes you think dont it? I hope the best for both of you.:angel: Keep your head up..thats what i bet is the hardest part!

losing a parent is tough. the closer you are to them, the more difficult it can be. knowing your parents going into good hands is solace. it is a voyage we must all take, and take alone. be there for your dad while he's with you. he will be with you when he's gone. you will be the man of the family. many new responsibilities will come you way and you will wonder how your dad ever managed. my prayers go out to you and your family matt.
Neal

Matt, when my father passed way last year I took comfort in the fact that he went to a better place. Dad was a simple country boy at heart, who was forced to leave the farm in order to provide for his wife & children. I think that he now back on the farm enjoying the woods, hunting with the dogs that he loved as a kid, enjoying his mom's country homecooking.

Give your wife plenty of big hugs. It sounds as though she is standing strong, and that is something on which you can't put a value.

Many positive thoughts,

Chris J.

Latest posts

Back