The Tips Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember rule number one....

[video=youtube;rPOITju_PN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOITju_PN4[/video]

Damn straight. Skidding sidlin (especially on yarder ground) is quite foolish, and while i feel sorry for the man who lost his life and his family, his was an accident easily avoided

Well got my nickname today... Spiderman. Hahaha. I got bit on the chest last week by what i thought was just a random bug. But woke up sunday morning with the spot about the size of a hamburger on my left man boob that was hot to the touch with red streaks leading away from it luckily the urgent care was open and the doc figured i got bit by a hobo or brown recluse. So they put me on antibiotics and steroids. Now it just looks like a tidbit of flank steak

Well got my nickname today... Spiderman. Hahaha. I got bit on the chest last week by what i thought was just a random bug. But woke up sunday morning with the spot about the size of a hamburger on my left man boob that was hot to the touch with red streaks leading away from it luckily the urgent care was open and the doc figured i got bit by a hobo or brown recluse. So they put me on antibiotics and steroids. Now it just looks like a tidbit of flank steak

I knew we missed something out lol.......watch ya don't get bit by spiders lol

Good ya ok tho

Damn! Sure it wasn't just a regular spider, and your allergies kicked the venom into overdrive?

I dont think so. I been spider bit a bunch of times and this is the first time that this has happened

As a spider lover, I can say that it probably wasn't a Recluse. They're really rare in these parts (if at all), but the Hobo is much more prevalent.

The bite of the male is the doozy. I was messing with a big one in my grandpa's basement a few years back (after a gassing) and he was still mostly alive.

I poked him and he let go a ball of venom that wet an area the size of a nickel. That's a lot, but he was obviously stressed to the max. Usually they dry bite on defensive bites, and save the good stuff for their dinner.

Keep an eye on that wound!

dunno bout there but we have um here, recluse is a baadd dude. I got bit years ago, ignored it for a week or so, mistake city. my whole hand was black and swollen. doc said venom like a copper head. a shot and a big can a pills, I got ok in a few weeks. they are nothing to ignore. i'm hard headed but I learned the hard way.

I dont think so. I been spider bit a bunch of times and this is the first time that this has happened

The hobo spider is a mean one. I got bit a couple of years ago and didn't realize it. Started out as a pimple and turned into this:

PA020051.jpg

I'm glad they diagnosed yours fast. They didn't figure mine out for a couple of days and it almost got away from them. 36 hours of constant IV and they finally got a handle on it.

They brought a spider guy up to look at the wound and he said they like to crawl up inside gloves.

I'm not trying to one up you...just wanted you to see another spider bite nd what it can turn into.
Hang in there Jake...it'll take awhile to heal.

Last edited:
The hobo spider is a mean one. I got bit a couple of years ago and didn't realize it. Started out as a pimple and turned into this:

PA020051.jpg

I'm glad they diagnosed yours fast. They didn't figure mine out for a couple of days and it almost got away from them. 36 hours of constant IV and they finally got a handle on it.

They brought a spider guy up to look at the wound and he said they like to crawl up inside gloves.

Hang in there Jake...it'll take awhile to heal.

Yowzer, thats gnarly Bob. Mine doesnt look nearly like that. Id toss up a pic but i dont think the internets ready for a close up of my ample, coarse black fur covered man boob

Bob, I remember when you got bit by that critter. . . The thread is around here somewhere.

They definitely leave their mark.

Latest posts

Back