The truth, the whole truth???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've just read a reply to another thread by Ozflea and it prompted me to ask a simple question.

I know that this forum is frequented by mostly Americans and Canadians but there are men from all round the World and its nice to find that we all seem to have lots in common, besides saws, but Oz's "just don't tell the missus" has prompted me to ask the question....

Forgetting all the Macho BS

who on here, of those who don't work with saws for a living, has actually told his wife how many saws he REALLY has?

I'll start the ball rolling, I've most recently stated 9 and actually have 12.

C'mon guys be honest, don't leave me on my own. A good marriage is based on lies and half truths.

My wife is way too good with compters to answer this...however they seem to know more than we do about just exactly how many pieces of power equipment we have.

I only have 3 saws but I am looking to buy a 4th. When my girlfriend found out she said "Do you really NEED another saw!" So I said "Do you really NEED 40 pairs of shoes!"

She looked at me with a slightly disgusted look and walked away.

Green light for number 4!! :)

Hum ! Lets see now !

Honey, how many saws do I now have ?

Honey, how many OPE's do I now have in all ?

Oh! I forgot she left over 18 months ago !

I will have to try and count them all perhaps tomorrow, I forget now as my OPE's never seem to biiiiietch and complain. :laugh: :laugh: :)

My wife not only knows how many I have she knows exactly which ones I have, and no I didn't tell her.

Damo said:
The last saw I bought was was an MS 660 Magnum and my wife left me !!! I think I got the best deal. lol

Damo, you think you got the better of the deal !

Man in my case I KNOW I got the better of the deal !

Oh! gotta go now, here comes the new missus in a new nighty.
Va va va VOOM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I only cut firewood, so this might not apply to me, but after 29 years of marriage I tell my wife everything. In order to lie, I would have to do the bookkeeping, and it isn't worth it. I just convinced her I need a 372xp. That wasn't too difficult. On the other hand, the last gun that I desperately needed didn't get bought.

My girlfriend never really said anything about it as long as I still had money to spend on her she didn't care up until she decided I wasn't worth the head ache. The joy of being single I can buy as many as I want and when ever and their is no one to b*t*h at me about it. I have 3 now but my newest one shoulg be here tomorrow and I'm going to buy another little ms180 monday or sometime. Then I will be up to five

pallis said:
I just convinced her I need a 372xp. That wasn't too difficult. On the other hand, the last gun that I desperately needed didn't get bought.

Man, that's just wrong. Saws are nice to have, but somebodies got their priorities mixed up! :confused:

:D

Well, exactly my point! There's only one thing more fun than shooting, and for that you had better not have been caught in any lies lately!

:D

Everytime I orderd a saw I thought I could put it away befor my wife got home. Well I did but everytime my little boy and little girl ran out to the drive way when my wife pulled in, and the first thing they said to her was a big brown truck stopped today and gave dad a big box. 3 or 4 times thats happend. How can you hide that? :dizzy:

eric_271 said:
Everytime I orderd a saw I thought I could put it away befor my wife got home. Well I did but everytime my little boy and little girl ran out to the drive way when my wife pulled in, and the first thing they said to her was a big brown truck stopped today and gave dad a big box. 3 or 4 times thats happend. How can you hide that? :dizzy:

Next time, have it sent to a buddy's house.... ;)

Chris B.

LOL I should have done that. Our ups driver is a good friend of mine and lives just down the road. Its just hard to belive such little kids have to report that to mom everytime, even 1 time. :)

Back