The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha keep reading though you pick up a heap of tid bits of knowledge. I've read about 600 pages of the mac thread just to soak up all I can and save asking to many silly questions. Not that yours was a silly question it's a good one cos it puts the answers there for someone in the future

That's where the bookmark feature at the bottom left corner of each post comes in handy. Just click it and the post gets saved in your bookmarks under your profile information.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled3.jpg

You can also easily access your bookmarks to insert as links by using the 'Insert Bookmarks' feature at the lower left of the composition screen.

Untitled2.jpg
You could quickly compile a boatload of bookmarks once you start using the feature. You can rename stuff for your own easy reference, create tags, categories, etc., and use filtered searches if you end up with several boatloads of bookmarks.

Untitled4.jpg
Bookmark a whole thread by bookmarking the first post, bookmark a page or beginning of a particular subject in a thread by bookmarking the first relevant post associated with the page or subject, or just bookmark individual posts. It's a very handy way to compile and categorize information you find useful for later reference, sharing, or copying and pasting into whatever handy format floats your boat for your own offline archiving..., in the remote event that something would happen to the servers running this site which may result in the loss of lots of valuable pictures and data....., again.

That's where the bookmark feature at the bottom left corner of each post comes in handy. Just click it and the post gets saved in your bookmarks under your profile information.

View attachment 720707
View attachment 720711

You can also easily access your bookmarks to insert as links by using the 'Insert Bookmarks' feature at the lower left of the composition screen.

View attachment 720713
You could quickly compile a boatload of bookmarks once you start using the feature. You can rename stuff for your own easy reference, create tags and categories, etc., and use filtered searches if you end up with several boatloads of bookmarks.

Bookmark a whole thread by bookmarking the first post, bookmark a page or beginning of a particular subject in a thread by bookmarking the first relevant post associated with the page or subject, or just bookmark individual posts. It's a very handy way to compile and categorize information you find useful for later reference, sharing, or copying and pasting into whatever handy format floats your boat for your own offline archiving..., in the remote event that something would happen to the servers running this site which may result in the loss of lots of valuable pictures and data.

Very good post poge really need to use that feature more very handy

Those turned out great! I like them better than the ones I make!
Did you have a chance to find the number on the roller bearing?

Put up some pics its good to see how others make things. No luck on the bearing so come on you fella's that know put it up for us newbies. Or just take the bearing measurements down to the shop and get 1 ordered. Is the bearing toast?

4EA92652-9EB9-4674-A853-8F4EFF7379F1.jpeg
Mine are just plane. But 3/16” stainless steel.
Yes the roller bearing was locked up. The bearings and seals are at Applied Industries. They found everything except the roller bearing. Applied is a bearing and seal dealer. I would think they would be able to find it. They told me it might be a dealer only part.

Put up some pics its good to see how others make things. No luck on the bearing so come on you fella's that know put it up for us newbies. Or just take the bearing measurements down to the shop and get 1 ordered. Is the bearing toast?

View attachment 720538 Does anyone know part numbers for the crank bearings and seals for a McCulloch 10-10S? I found the McCulloch factory part numbers but I am having problems crossing them locally.

There were two different bearing/seal combinations used on the 10 Series saws, yours has the one with the larger O.D. (1.562") and the seal diameter matches and sets beside the bearing. The other bearing has the same O.D. but a much wider outer race and the smaller diameter seal that Fossil mentioned presses into the bearing. As noted in our PM, I have not found and standard bearings that will replace either of those used on the 10 Series saws.

Mark

There were two different bearing/seal combinations used on the 10 Series saws, yours has the one with the larger O.D. (1.562") and the seal diameter matches and sets beside the bearing. The other bearing has the same O.D. but a much wider outer race and the smaller diameter seal that Fossil mentioned presses into the bearing. As noted in our PM, I have not found and standard bearings that will replace either of those used on the 10 Series saws.

Mark
Thank you all for your help. If I do find a replacement I will let you all know. I will also post the parts I do find. Again thank you all!!

Mark

Does that mean where all screwed for bearings once the OEM stuff is gone?

Latest posts

Back