The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Contra/Lightning that Randy will be rebuilding to sell. Looks like a nice complete saw.

2011-12-08-220224-M.jpg

2011-12-08-220238-M.jpg

2011-12-08-220250-M.jpg

2011-12-08-220311-M.jpg

I just sent $300 to Stumpy. This came from the sale of the Alaskan sawmill I had. They're only $240 new but Maccall graciously paid $340 for it + shipping. What a generous offer on his part! I kept $40 back for working on the 090G. If I don't need it all, the balance will go towards shipping the saw once it's sold.

Hey Stephen, any idea how much cash has been sent so far? I hope we bury him with help and put him better off than he was before!

That was very nice of both of you. I'm trying not to get all mushy in this post, so I'll quit at thank you.

That was very nice of both of you. I'm trying not to get all mushy in this post, so I'll quit at thank you.

Go ahead and get "mushy" I have gotten a little misty eyed on some of the posts in this thread......, and other posts have made me cry from laughing so hard.

Last night we were right at 1500 Should be over 2000 today. :rock: That should help him feel better about things. :rock:

I will post as I get updates.

If that's the totals for what you have forwarded to Stump, then I imagine it's quite a bit higher......I imagine a lot of people like myself sent $$ to Stumpy's Paypal too......This is awesome guys!!!:msp_thumbsup:

Keep it up, boyz. Set the pace for those old macs and I might end up selling mine on the bay. I really wanted to jump back into the auction later (made a couple of bids early) but at the rate this is going I think I might be out for good in a day or so! I bet this saw will have people talking if they don't follow AS!

I wounder if for better proof, if the people who post up there saws on ebay to put a link to this thread on ebay.

I wounder if for better proof, if the people who post up there saws on ebay to put a link to this thread on ebay.

I'd be careful with that sort of thing. Sellers and buyers fraternizing about prices and such is frowned upon to some degree. I wouldn't think too many people would mind, but all it takes is one guy who wants to win that 090g getting pissed because it runs up higher than expected for a normal saw... Suddenly you got eBay suspending the privileges of good honest sellers and buyers that are trying to help a guy out! Just my 2cents

I see what your saying. For the 261 it says all sales will got to stump. Well for others that are not a member to AS just surfing ebay. Then maybe they would be inclinded to pay more. But if it would hurt the seller then I'm aginst it. Its sad in todays day that stuff like that would piss others off. Oh well I tried. LOL:msp_razz:

I am mildly offended.
Care to rephrase?

I'm hoping he just means that it would be nice if there was some way from the eBay side of things to know which saws were for the cause ("saws for the cause"... I like that). Otherwise, if I just run across your saw on eBay I don't know that it's proceeds are going to Stumpy.

I don't see it as a problem though, as long as we link to the saw from this thread, that's how I knew about yours!

And, for the record: I certainly don't doubt what your intentions are for the proceeds!

let's keep it clean. it dosn't mater how you contribute. it will all work out ,the saws will get what they get. i don't care if my saw get 50.00 or 5000.00. as long as it go's to stumpy. be cool. fraser.

Here is the 250, it will get a bit of a clean up, a B&C, probably 3/8" rim sprocket. I'll put it on Epay in a week or so, will give a heads up when I do.

mc250005.jpg

mc250004.jpg

mc250006.jpg

mc250001.jpg

mc250003.jpg

is that redwood dust on that? i think that i would ad to the patiena of the saw . and i notice the stealth tin lid in the back for sneeking out for a much needed falling fix.;) good on the mac give.

Latest posts

Back