The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Momma always told me the least I could do was try and act normal. It don't work most days.

But I'm in good company here.:smile2:

sunfish

sunfish

Fish Head
Got to visit with Stumpy today. Shop looks worse in person, but he's holding up OK. I'll tell ya one thing, saws, weedeaters and ATVs burn pretty good, saws burn up faster than wood! He'll be able to salvage some of the tools and stuff that were in metal cabinets, as long as they didn't have plastic or rubber handles.

Shop is a complete loss, not to mention the unemployment from this. But with all the help from you good folks here, he'll be back on his feet pretty soon. We did get the ball rollin on designing a new shop.

Matt, was good seeing you and your son there. Sorry I had to run, I was freezing and Stump would not build us a fire. :msp_ohmy:

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Got to visit with Stumpy today. Shop looks worse in person, but he's holding up OK. I'll tell ya one thing, saws, weedeaters and ATVs burn pretty good, saws burn up faster than wood! He'll be able to salvage some of the tools and stuff that were in metal cabinets, as long as they didn't have plastic or rubber handles.

Shop is a complete loss, not to mention the unemployment from this. But with all the help from you good folks here, he'll be back on his feet pretty soon. We did get the ball rollin on designing a new shop.

Matt, was good seeing you and your son there. Sorry I had to run, I was freezing and Stump would not build us a fire. :msp_ohmy:

The metal tools could still be damaged if they got hot enough to loose their temper. I've seen sockets that "survived" a fire split when used afterwards.

Work Saw Collector

Work Saw Collector

GTG Coffee Maker
Here is a good question I got in a PM.

Someone said:
Do you think they would let you put the saws on AS classifieds and then have links on them in ebay? That way we could find the "Stumpy saws" easier? Just a thought.

Sounds like a good idea to me.