The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to visit with Stumpy today. Shop looks worse in person, but he's holding up OK. I'll tell ya one thing, saws, weedeaters and ATVs burn pretty good, saws burn up faster than wood! He'll be able to salvage some of the tools and stuff that were in metal cabinets, as long as they didn't have plastic or rubber handles.

Shop is a complete loss, not to mention the unemployment from this. But with all the help from you good folks here, he'll be back on his feet pretty soon. We did get the ball rollin on designing a new shop.

Matt, was good seeing you and your son there. Sorry I had to run, I was freezing and Stump would not build us a fire. :msp_ohmy:

Yeah... Stump's still a little nervous about building fires right now... The bullet package is exceptional... Have you tried your sample?

Stump, so sorry for your loss...

It sounded like he had a wood burner in the shop that started the fire that probably wasn't inspected or had a permit for, The IC probably wont cover anything because of some technicality unfortunately is my guess.:msp_unsure:

My question is?..What did he do wrong?... Is in not the INS companies job to do a home owners review of the property...YES...They have no excuse to deny the claim...

Hope the insurance company pays like they should...:msp_mad:

And has been said...Age of your children and what they want for Christmas...Nothing brings light to yourself like seeing your children happy....

They have seen your pain and it will bring light to them to see you smile....:rock:

The metal tools could still be damaged if they got hot enough to loose their temper. I've seen sockets that "survived" a fire split when used afterwards.

All this time, I thought it was only me who lost his temper. ( May never have had it, though)

Now you say it's the tool's fault. :) :clap:

Last edited:
Stump I just transfered a little more.

The members are doing well in this thread. I will add all the money together today and get a better total. No matter the number I am tickled with the members.

I guess I just like saying/typing "member". :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm off to ebay to check on the Stumpy saws auctions.

Edit: I will be excluding my name when making the tickets for the drawing.

Last edited:
All of the OKARMOKS GTG thread members are close enough to Stumpy that we feel like we owe AS just as much as he does.

Man I hope that came out the way I meant it to.

Stump I just transfered a little more.

The members are doing well in this thread. I will add all the money together today and get a better total. No matter the number I am tickled with the members.

I guess I just like saying/typing "member". :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm off to ebay to check on the Stumpy saws auctions.

Edit: I will be excluding my name when making the tickles for the drawing.

You are doing good, I'll be avoiding the tickles too.

Hey guys, I never met stumpy.....saw his posts, if i did i didn't remember cause my memory sucks but when i logged in here the first time it was because i had a problem and needed help. Some body helped me .....or tried to! I've been saving up for a wireless rpm thingy but because you guys helped me stumpy this 50. is for you! Thanks to the crew at AS. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
JT
P.s. it took me 4 hrs and change to read all 400 & some odd posts, I'm bleery eyed!

Hey guys, I never met stumpy.....saw his posts, if i did i didn't remember cause my memory sucks but when i logged in here the first time it was because i had a problem and needed help. Some body helped me .....or tried to! I've been saving up for a wireless rpm thingy but because you guys helped me stumpy this 50. is for you! Thanks to the crew at AS. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
JT
P.s. it took me 4 hrs and change to read all 400 & some odd posts, I'm bleery eyed!

Rep for the new guy reading the whole thread. :hmm3grin2orange:

I thank you for the money.

JT

On the wireless RPM thiny use site sponsor Like "edge and engine and Baileys". I got mine at local dealer paid way to much.

Back