The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone happen to have a Tilly HL carb kit they'd want to contribute before I order one?

I just ordered the tank vent, fuel pickup hose, and exhaust gasket from the dealer for $36.59.

I ordered Caber piston rings and a fuel filter from Northwood Saws for $22.14.

I ordered a gear cover gasket and a fuel tank bottom gasket from Bryce for $26.50.

That brings the total expenses so far for the 090G rebuild to $85.23. I saved $40 out of the sale of the mill to help cover some of this.

Hopefully I'll have the saw and all the parts new week. I would love to have this thing done and listed on eBay by next Saturday, but can't promise that.

Last edited:
Now the raffle has, a 925, 075, 10-10 and a 32" Husky mount bar. 10.00 just keep Paypaling Stump. I'll bring it forward here in a few. He is sending me the paypal info so I'll make tickets this weekend for all those that have already donated. We will go with Jan. 31 7 PMish. First name drawn gets choice, and so on till we run out of stuff. :rock:

No mention of raffle or tickets just paypal as a gift and put your AS username in the note place.
[email protected]

[email protected]

We have got donations already with no AS user name no big deal if you win I'll call you out by real name.

Bump this up so its easy to find!

Here's a couple of pictures of the homelite bar i'm going to send to stumpy only thing i need is an address.i cleaned it up the best i could with out takeing the sander to it.

homelitebar003.jpg

homelitebar002.jpg

homelitebar001.jpg

I just linked to the auction I set up here in this thread.

Mac 250 Ebay Auction for Stumpy's Cause.

I reckon we could start a thread with just the auctions and raffle saws......but you and I both know it wouldn't stay "pure". :laugh:

Label it "READ ONLY," with a note "DO NOT POST HERE. THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO BE INFORMATIONAL ONLY" and a link to this thread. When it gets to mucky to extract critical information, start another one. Maybe Darin could lock the messy one.

Just an idea. Whatever you're doin' is great!

I was running a 25" on it buried in red oak.........it never even broke a sweat. :msp_mellow:

:clap::clap::clap:::thumbsup::

only a man with four boobs would send a saw to a monkey for jellybeans.

Two things; I never saw no "MM meets the cows 038" thread, I am quite disappointed, and had no idea MWS, LLC was now doing custom paint. Is there no end to the monkeys talent?

Hey guys, I never met stumpy.....saw his posts, if i did i didn't remember cause my memory sucks but when i logged in here the first time it was because i had a problem and needed help. Some body helped me .....or tried to! I've been saving up for a wireless rpm thingy but because you guys helped me stumpy this 50. is for you! Thanks to the crew at AS. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!
JT
P.s. it took me 4 hrs and change to read all 400 & some odd posts, I'm bleery eyed!

Yeah no duh,,,

Been away from the site except for running down some PMs and working on my now fixed mower & stuff around the place,,, yes I just mowed the grass yesterday hopefully for the last time till spring we are just now having the trees change colors here in the last week at the horizontal 29°

,, All I can say is wow,, this is an amazing place,,, So much Love pouring out for the Stumpmeister,,, How does the Ebay/classified thing work???? I have some stuff to donate with the proceeds going to stumpy's aid,,,, would rather use the classified here for me instead of the fleabay can somebody condense the long and short of it

I was told your a peanut kind of guy?:laugh:

Brad-

What kind of parts is this project going to need? I might have a few Contra tidbits here.

hope things are looking up for you stumpy ...
i started reading this thread on thursday, at that time the bank acct. was not in good shape..
i am self employed also, and this struggling economy is hitting hard, but, anyway, yesterday i received payment for a couple of jobs that were billed out, so i just sent #150.00 to stephens/worksawcollector's paypal acct (echeck might take a few days)........wish i could do more..
this is a great place to hang out, i'd love to meet some of you guys someday, every gtg seems to be at least 8-10 hr drive for me..
keep yer chin up stumpy..
thanks, chuck

Fixin to try the sample right now. Thanks man!

Label it "READ ONLY," with a note "DO NOT POST HERE. THIS THREAD IS MEANT TO BE INFORMATIONAL ONLY" and a link to this thread. When it gets to mucky to extract critical information, start another one. Maybe Darin could lock the messy one.

Just an idea. Whatever you're doin' is great!

Repped. Also tagged Jkebxjunke.

Last edited:
I've got a new black Carlton 36" Stihl bar.

Is it needed on one of the donor saws? It would look GREAT on a refurb/repainted saw. Or would it be better to sell here (I'd rather not deal w/ebay ) if so how much should I ask? (or someone make an insane offer and pay stumpy and I'll get it in the mail ;) )

All proceeds go to Stumpy.

P1020970.jpg

P1020971.jpg

Anyone happen to have a Tilly HL carb kit they'd want to contribute before I order one?

I just ordered the tank vent, fuel pickup hose, and exhaust gasket from the dealer for $36.59.

I ordered a gear cover gasket and a fuel tank bottom gasket from Bryce for $26.50.

That brings the total expenses so far for the 090G rebuild to $85.23. I saved $40 out of the sale of the mill to help cover some of this.

Hopefully I'll have the saw and all the parts new week. I would love to have this thing done and listed on eBay by next Saturday, but can't promise that.

Haven't been around much lately. Do you know what model carb it is? If you get a rebuild kit I think they are different for the HL244A and 324A. Different needle and seat? I remember ordering different part numbers from Tillotson. Gaskets and diaphragms are the same though.
Might want to think about a starter ring also. What about a paper copy of the user manual, parts list or service manual? They won't be original to the saw but nonetheless it will likely fetch more. New ones if you can get them should only be a couple of dollars, I know the service manual is £2 ($3) over here.
Well anyway, when you know a final price for all the parts you need send a paypal invoice to me for the total. You can keep your $40, spend it on your family for christmas.:msp_smile:
I'll PM you my e-mail.

If you find you need bearings and you can't get them as with most other 070/090 parts (other than 090G specific which are NLA) I can still order new ones. Only problem would be it would take ages this time of the year to ship from the UK to the US.

:cheers:

Brian, I have a DG5-HL kit is this what you need?

Last edited:
update on the 090g, sorry for taking so long on shipping it out . got it and all the part's boxed up and ready to go. one problem , i don't know how but the brace for the wrap handle broke . so if brad or someone close can weld it up real nice i would greatly appreciate any one that can help on doing this.View attachment 210788View attachment 210789View attachment 210790View attachment 210791 and thank 's to everyone who is helping. and especially brad for taking this on. fraser.

Fraser- did you take that Pig-Sticker dawg off? I can see us reading about a UPS man gored by an 090G...

ya, i took it and the handle ,the recoil, bar cover off so theres no chance of brakage, . put in a stihl 460 box then put in a husky box with foam between them . should handle a pretty fair drop. more worried about the saw than mr. brown pants.;)

I was admiring my collector item "stumpbroke decal" today. I certainly hope that there is a new design in the future, and the old ones will stand as reminder of 'before and after'.

That is the right thing.

:)

hope things are looking up for you stumpy ...
i started reading this thread on thursday, at that time the bank acct. was not in good shape..
i am self employed also, and this struggling economy is hitting hard, but, anyway, yesterday i received payment for a couple of jobs that were billed out, so i just sent #150.00 to stephens/worksawcollector's paypal acct (echeck might take a few days)........wish i could do more..
this is a great place to hang out, i'd love to meet some of you guys someday, every gtg seems to be at least 8-10 hr drive for me..
keep yer chin up stumpy..
thanks, chuck

I need a shower door. :)

Latest posts

Back