The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm thinking the returns on that sad little saw have diminished beyond all recognition at this point but since I don't know that much I figured I'd see what others think. I guess maybe now it's purely "decorative" :biggrin:

I've had 2 of those roll across the bench in as many months... Still tons of them around... Still running usually...

I've had 2 of those roll across the bench in as many months... Still tons of them around... Still running usually...

Hey Matt,
I have something on the outbound UPS train that is too damn heavy to roll across your bench........LOL!!! 075AV PHO, and a 36" loop of chain.....27lbs with packaging. I bet that makes ol' T-bones hernia hurt just reading that.:msp_tongue:

Seriously though the saw is shipped, and should be to your shop towards the end of next week.
Jonathan

Hey Matt,
I have something on the outbound UPS train that is too damn heavy to roll across your bench........LOL!!! 075AV PHO, and a 36" loop of chain.....27lbs with packaging. I bet that makes ol' T-bones hernia hurt just reading that.:msp_tongue:

Seriously though the saw is shipped, and should be to your shop towards the end of next week.
Jonathan

OUCH !! You got me :eek2:

Yeah well, I bet they stay running better when they aren't stored in water like a can of tuna. It must be dinner time because I keep talking about chainsaw stew and tuna. Yummy.

Oh well, that's at least $20 cash I can give to Stumpy instead of wasting my time shipping the saw.

Hey Matt,

Jonathan

Very cool!!! I'll have video the following Tuesday...:rock:

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

08eff 1fiddy that's just plain ol' pilin' on..............you ought to have somethin' to contribute here......like a half a pack of Double Stuffed Oreo's. I say half a pack because you laid out the other half on the ground in a line trying to lure one of those Snackies within range of your Elephant tranquilizer gun.......LOL!!!!!!

08eff 1fiddy that's just plain ol' pilin' on..............you ought to have somethin' to contribute here......like a half a pack of Double Stuffed Oreo's. I say half a pack because you laid out the other half on the ground in a line trying to lure one of those Snackies within range of your Elephant tranquilizer gun.......LOL!!!!!!

sorry,, theres only a 1/4 pack left:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

When the raffle for Stumpy gets going, I'll kick in a nice McCulloch 10-10A. It's no six cube saw, but I'm sure somebody would be happy to get it. I don't think it'd be worth throwing on feebay though. The fees would eat too much of the money methinks...

Right now it runs, but could use some cleaning and a carb kit. Compression is great. I'll square it away before it goes out. Has a 16" hardnose "Mac-10" labled bar. Even the AF element is cherry. I'll try to clean it off a bit and shoot a pic or two this weekend.

When the raffle for Stumpy gets going, I'll kick in a nice McCulloch 10-10A. It's no six cube saw, but I'm sure somebody would be happy to get it. I don't think it'd be worth throwing on feebay though. The fees would eat too much of the money methinks...

Right now it runs, but could use some cleaning and a carb kit. Compression is great. I'll square it away before it goes out. Has a 16" hardnose "Mac-10" labled bar. Even the AF element is cherry. I'll try to clean it off a bit and shoot a pic or two this weekend.

Aaron,
That's super cool of you to throw the 10-10A in the mix. I agree about the Feebay thing too. I bet Duke Thieroff is gonna load up on raffle tickets now, I'm hoping he doesn't try including his autographed Justin Beiber poster in the raffle though.........although it would look pretty cool hanging in Stumpy's new shop........LOL!!!!

Aaron,
That's super cool of you to throw the 10-10A in the mix. I agree about the Feebay thing too. I bet Duke Thieroff is gonna load up on raffle tickets now, I'm hoping he doesn't try including his autographed Justin Beiber poster in the raffle though.........although it would look pretty cool hanging in Stumpy's new shop........LOL!!!!

Thanks Jon. My guess is that Duke T will instead make up a new poster for Stumpy's shop. The 'Shirtless Sawer'. He'll pose shirtless and wearing ripped jeans, Newport (yuck, menthals) danglin' out of the mouth and Stumpbroke 440mag in hand.....................................and his best Whiskey-Tango glare burning into the hearts of all who dare look upon him!:D

Now the raffle has, a 925, 075, 10-10 and a 32" Husky mount bar. 10.00 just keep Paypaling Stump. I'll bring it forward here in a few. He is sending me the paypal info so I'll make tickets this weekend for all those that have already donated. We will go with Jan. 31 7 PMish. First name drawn gets choice, and so on till we run out of stuff. :rock:

No mention of raffle or tickets just paypal as a gift and put your AS username in the note place.
[email protected]

[email protected]

We have got donations already with no AS user name no big deal if you win I'll call you out by real name.

Last edited:
I just sent $300 to Stumpy. This came from the sale of the Alaskan sawmill I had. They're only $240 new but Maccall graciously paid $340 for it + shipping. What a generous offer on his part! I kept $40 back for working on the 090G. If I don't need it all, the balance will go towards shipping the saw once it's sold.

Hey Stephen, any idea how much cash has been sent so far? I hope we bury him with help and put him better off than he was before!

I just sent $300 to Stumpy. This came from the sale of the Alaskan sawmill I had. They're only $240 new but Maccall graciously paid $340 for it + shipping. What a generous offer on his part! I kept $40 back for working on the 090G. If I don't need it all, the balance will go towards shipping the saw once it's sold.

Hey Stephen, any idea how much cash has been sent so far? I hope we bury him with help and put him better off than he was before!

Last night we were right at 1500 Should be over 2000 today. :rock: That should help him feel better about things. :rock:

I will post as I get updates.

Finally finished reading this whole thread. They say only the Amish take care of their own but I would disagree. Incredible fellowship here. Stumpy- when things start to settle down for you give me a call. You and your family are in my prayers.

Back