The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a part time bureaucrat, most of the information that people ask for is restricted, I have brought the art of saying no to a fine point. I am the champ of circular arguments. It does depend on the attitude of the person on the other end of the line, most accept that there is only so much information that can be released. The ones that don't accept that, get brought to the creel. I get a couple complaints a week about that, admin tells me that is an indication I am doing the job correctly. I also bring alphabet agencies in line with a convoluted form letter, explaining why their request for information had been denied, the exchange of letters or e-mails can go on for weeks.

Pay rate and whether or not housing is available aren't exactly sensitive information, and that's all I'm trying to find out. Sometimes they don't list much on their job notices. It's usually, "call so and so or email so and so for more information." I did my part, they can do theirs.

Trying to get a hold of some of these people is like trying to get a hold of the Pope.

Eh, what I'm gettin' at is, it makes no sense to take off on a two week vacation when you're obviously the only person with knowledge about the job. It is hiring season after all. You can take off when the hiring stuff is done.

I even called the district supervisor (among 6 other people) and he didn't "know anything about it."

It can't be that hard to have a second person who knows the job details and can answer prospective employees' questions in case No. 1 takes off. That's just common sense.

But, whatever.

So I just called a logging outfit I heard was hiring. The guy answered so an so shop. I said sorry I think I was supposed to call the office about seeking employment. He said nope you talk to me the office doesn't know squat about our sides. He was the head mechanic and the one in charge of hiring. Not what I have been used to but right inline with someone who knows what's going on. Now it would have been crap if he was on vacation and they where hiring. So I think I understand what your saying.

Your front diff gear oil is supposed to be metallic gray......Right??......:dizzy:

went to burn some midnight oil at the bench. and all but one bulb burnt out, and the box of spares is emty.:bang:

We were blown out from cutting in our unit yesterday. The wind was gusting upward ot 20mph+. That kind of wind makes it hard to cut when 1/3 of your stand is H&S Madrone, ranging from 15" DBH to 33"ish DBH.

ugh

03282012pm.jpg

.A POTENT SYSTEM WILL BEGIN TO AFFECT NW CALIFORNIA LATE WED
NIGHT WITH HIGH SNOW LEVELS AND HEAVY RAIN. A STEADY STREAM OF
PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE REGION THROUGH SAT
MORNING BEFORE TURNING TO SHOWERS SAT AFTERNOON. THIS HEAVY RAIN
WILL CAUSE RIVERS TO RISE QUICKLY WITH SOME RIVERS ACROSS DEL
NORTE COUNTY APPROACHING FLOOD STAGE.

* A STEADY STREAM OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BRING 3 TO 8
INCHES TO MOST AREAS. DEL NORTE COUNTY AND RAIN PRONE AREAS IN
HUMBOLDT COUNTY MAY EXPERIENCE VALUES OF 8 TO 12 INCHES WITH
ISOLATED TOTALS OF UP TO 16 INCHES.

it looks be to worse for Orygun.

Last edited:
Looks good. Send it this way and maybe it will wash the pollen ACHOO! away. I'm trying a different drug.
So far, it isn't working. :mad:

My allergies have already hit as well. Rain hasn't helped too much yet. Can't wait til mid July when I can breathe again.

ugh

03282012pm.jpg

.A POTENT SYSTEM WILL BEGIN TO AFFECT NW CALIFORNIA LATE WED
NIGHT WITH HIGH SNOW LEVELS AND HEAVY RAIN. A STEADY STREAM OF
PRECIPITATION WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE REGION THROUGH SAT
MORNING BEFORE TURNING TO SHOWERS SAT AFTERNOON. THIS HEAVY RAIN
WILL CAUSE RIVERS TO RISE QUICKLY WITH SOME RIVERS ACROSS DEL
NORTE COUNTY APPROACHING FLOOD STAGE.

* A STEADY STREAM OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BRING 3 TO 8
INCHES TO MOST AREAS. DEL NORTE COUNTY AND RAIN PRONE AREAS IN
HUMBOLDT COUNTY MAY EXPERIENCE VALUES OF 8 TO 12 INCHES WITH
ISOLATED TOTALS OF UP TO 16 INCHES.

it looks be to worse for Orygun.
there saying that it might break the 96 records.

Latest posts

Back