The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curses Norm, now in addition to everyhting else I take when cutting, I have to remember to bring along a camera............:msp_mad:
Oh wait I have a picture from my last cutting adventure.
View attachment 204595
Ponderosa Pine 1
Fibula and Ankle 0...................................................LOL!!!!

Here's a pic of Pioneerguy600 giving me a hand on a lot clearing job .

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dont make a living with a saw, but here is some of my first time climbing. Been trying for awhile now to get hired on my off days when I am not on shift at the fire dept but have not had any luck. So for now I just do what I can when I get a chance.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good stuff fellas. Much appreciated I love seeing, and hearing about your'e jobs and experiences. It all count's the full time pro, to the firewood cutter, and the in between"r LOL! not sure if that is even a word. I did a job today at the county road dept, where I work. We do a mix of cutting at times. We had to clear a bunch of vegetation, and willows, etc. Thick as hell! For the Sheriff's dept undercover. They are working on a murder case, drug rip off, cartel affiliated maybe. They shot a guy, and killed him threw him in the trunk. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. So they got em, and showed where they dumped the gun's. We just had to clear everything so search, and rescue could get in, and search. It was a absolute needle in a haystack, and then some. The good news they found all three guns! We did a good service, but no pics, dont think I would have been popular with the undercover's LOL!

Nothing fancy or exoctic climbing going on. Here is what I am dealing with Iowa style. I have been hired to clear trees off a farmers fields to prevent them running into the with machinery and to lesson the water dry up on the land from the trees uptake of water.

Just started this field yesterday. There must be 400 trees to cut ranging from the thickness of you thumb to 2'+DIA cotton woods.

204691d1319816313-work-2-jpg

204692d1319816333-work-1-jpg

This maple is down a creek bank that had fell/tipped into the field. It is not the safest work as Iseem to be sliding down banks all the time, but with time I get the job done. Will post the bigger trees when I get to them.
204694d1319816661-work-4-jpg

Last edited:
Thank's Sam, and great pic's man, nice looking load of saw's, trees, and mountains! Upstateny, they count for sure, and great pics, see you have a 288, gotta love that! One of my favorites.

This is the second tree. The strong wind kept me from dropping it perfectly into the drainage area but I got it pretty close for what I was working with. These two trees are the largest I have ever dropped. So it was kind of a big day for me. These were the last two trees of the day.

They sure thunder the ground when the hit.
204901d1319933263-farm-jpg

204900d1319933237-farm-1-jpg

Last edited:
It certainly is Cliff. The saw which was used to fall that monster redwood is on my bench awaiting a few screws, a carb rebuild, a new intake boot, and some other rubber parts. It's a Homelite 750 now owned by the son of the logger who used it to put that tree on the ground. I believe the kid in the pic is the brother of the current owner of that 750.:msp_thumbup:

Here's the current owner up in a tree. You'll recognize this pic from Norm's first post.:D

204352d1319515420-100_0789-jpg

Last edited:
Struggle, great job on the trees man, good stuff nice saw. Cliff thank's man I am glad I was able to find those two old pictures. Kind of a lost archive I guess. Thanks for the kind word's Aaron, and I am starting to think the talent runs in the family LOL!

We have a bit of ground in the north that i have cut on for years, I know this is a working mans thread and to be honest where i cut has never been hard work until yesterday. I bought an old truck, good for six metres they say and i have never had to lock the hubs on the cruiser so for 500 bucks i thought i couldn't go wrong, well the old girl seems to be able to get bogged if ya piss on the ground in front of it, stuck for 3 hours on completely flat ground i realized for 500 you don't get a jack and found out that when you never normally get bogged you don't carry a shovel three hours of digging with a blockbuster and packing face wedges from previous trees she was free, but i was rooted, so yeah i worked, couldn't even split the load just chucked her on whole, just how it sits in the yard still now...

So here,s the hardest load i have ever gotten...

View attachment 205092View attachment 205093

We have a bit of ground in the north that i have cut on for years, I know this is a working mans thread and to be honest where i cut has never been hard work until yesterday. I bought an old truck, good for six metres they say and i have never had to lock the hubs on the cruiser so for 500 bucks i thought i couldn't go wrong, well the old girl seems to be able to get bogged if ya piss on the ground in front of it, stuck for 3 hours on completely flat ground i realized for 500 you don't get a jack and found out that when you never normally get bogged you don't carry a shovel three hours of digging with a blockbuster and packing face wedges from previous trees she was free, but i was rooted, so yeah i worked, couldn't even split the load just chucked her on whole, just how it sits in the yard still now...

View attachment 205092View attachment 205093

Yep i can relate to that....

I did the same thing the other day, but with 4 wheel drive. I never thought I would ever get my 1983 toyota 4x4 pickup stuck, but that is exactly what I did. I was out checking out some firewood a fella wants me to clean up for him. Luckily I wasn't too far from home so I just walked back(bout a mile) and got a tractor to pull it out.

Latest posts

Back