The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ayuh,
Thanks Norm. :)
Red Maple is good firewood. The home owner is keeping it, he heats with wood. :msp_rolleyes:
Rather cut than do plumbing any day, I agree 100% Norm! :clap:

Time to get ready for work, make some coffee.....
..................................................................:tire:

Outstanding pictures Randy, outstanding! Bet maple is good firewood eh? May go for firewood again, have to coordinate with Aaron. May have to do plumbing here Friday, not 100 percent sure. Rather cut wood any day. If so Aaron either day work?

Yep. Friday or Saturday. Just let me know...

Sam,
nice work. :msp_thumbup:
That is some fine lookin' timber you're cuttin'..... :D

306335-s5004747-480x640-jpg

306338-s5004744-640x480-jpg

Thanks, fun stuff to cut...you know you're loading some trucks in that kind of wood.

Sam I agree real nice stuff! Nice faces and stumps too love em. 372 eh? Aaron and I cut firewood today and cleared part of an old skid road. It was 288 country for me today. Then we had to 4 wheel Aarons truck, got a few scratches and a dent, but rough country in one spot. We went up the hill on the ranch, overlooking gods country, cut up some downed oak. Then I used Aarons 272:msp_biggrin: Pics to come!

Sam I agree real nice stuff! Nice faces and stumps too love em. 372 eh? Aaron and I cut firewood today and cleared part of an old skid road. It was 288 country for me today. Then we had to 4 wheel Aarons truck, got a few scratches and a dent, but rough country in one spot. We went up the hill on the ranch, overlooking gods country, cut up some downed oak. Then I used Aarons 272:msp_biggrin: Pics to come!

-390 Norm.

CAM00580_zps1f2f93de.jpg

CAM00583_zpsc0a90c29.jpg

CAM00587_zps7f22e2f9.jpg

CAM00585_zps61b299af.jpg

Popped the last dent out with a piece of firewood when I got home. Just some scratches left. Meh........it's a pickup. Had a good day hanging out and cutting with Norm. Ran the 'ol McCulloch PM700 while Norm ran my 272XP. As usual, we didn't think to take any 'before' or 'during' pics..................just the 'after'....:msp_rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've been roaming around here for a while now. I guess I'll start posting things. This one is nothing special. My aunt wanted this maple cut down last summer. When i was a much younger hell raiser, there was a tire swing in this tree. I spent countless hours in that swing. It was sad to see it go!! 3-6x2-10 on the stump.
View attachment 306416

Very nice work! :msp_thumbup:
Do you work alone, or do you have a crew that helps out? ;)

I work for a company that builds rustic homes, we have a few crews right now there are 3 of us stacking plus a full crew of carpenters and laborers going. And thanks for the compliment we take a lot of pride in the work we do.

Last edited:
I second what my friend said here above DC:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbup: Sam good deal in the pic it looked so compact, well guess that is why they are so popular, nice saw bro. Randy good weekend? U must be cutting still eh, Im sipping coffee trying to relax, and loosen up, body was a little sore not too bad. Aaron thank for the pics nice job they turned out well, we knew we would hear from somebody otherwise LOL! Rod that is a nice maple good size, saw a shindaiwa?

NORMZILLA44: No it's a Jonsered 630 Super. My old man bought it new in the mid 80's. It's the saw that got me hooked on chainsaws. It's nice to run a saw that's about the same age as me. It got passed down to me after he passed in '09.

Back