There's no place like home!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I had a sore leg and went to the doctor, which I hate to do, and was told I have a blood clot in my lower leg. Its superficial, no problem they say, as long as it doesn't move up to your upper thigh. Woke up Thursday with a red, swollen thigh. Appointment with the Vascular surgeon on Thursday afternoon. Told I could either go on blood thinners for the next 6 months with a lab appointment each week or have outpatient surgery on Friday afternoon. Chose the surgery. 3-4 day recovery sounded better than 6 months of grief. Just got home from the Dr. and got a call, "your insurance wont pay for the procedure unless you get admitted to the hospital tonight". Into the hospital I went. Had my last food at 2000 Thursday night. Got poked and prodded all night and next morning. Had surgery at 1330 on Friday. Back to the room by 1530. The anesthesia kicked my arse! Massive headache, vomiting, loopy. Doc comes in at 2000 and says maybe you should stay overnight. NEGATIVE, I'm going home. OK says he. Wife gets me home and as soon as I got out of the car and smelled the mountain air and the wood smoke I immediately felt better. Finally ate something at 2130 and drank a Gatorade.

Moral of the story...There's no place like home! :msp_thumbup:

Docs said my mom had a blood clot, put her on thinners for six months and when it didn't get better, they said "Oops, I guess you have cancer instead." Luckily she still kicked it's butt and is still around 3 years later.

Ian

Blood clots are no joke. Just take it easy and get better. Also, don't drink Red Bull. It thickens your blood. I only take it with Jaegermiester to thin my blood. Not smart either.:hmm3grin2orange:

Merlot is good for the Blood..
I was on that rat poison for 8 months with 3 clots in my lower leg, cast was on to tight when I tore my Achilles Tendon..
Best to you, heal in peace..

Better

Better fast and tough than slow and nasty! Heal up man, and you are right, better to be at home!

Blood clots are no joke. Just take it easy and get better. Also, don't drink Red Bull. It thickens your blood. I only take it with Jaegermiester to thin my blood. Not smart either.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yes, i definately wouldn't drink red bull on a regular basis. But a 20ounce can of sugar free red bull is the best instant hangover cure that i've found in my experience trying dozens of products.:rock:

as much as we all want to.. you shouldn't rush the healing process.. BUT you do need so stay active.. Good looking pile of wood.. great that your kids are helping out.. :clap:

Latest posts

Back