thermostat controls for heating options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Ranch

Some things happen for a reason
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
After last year's debacle of allowing the propane heat to be set higher than the wood heat overnight I've labeled the thermostats. This will help prevent further use of propane by family, babysitters, and the most likely one to screw it up - me! I think Zogger was the first one I saw to use the term stored solar energy. :laugh: IMG_8056.JPG

Why is stored solar set at 68F? Mine is at 78F set point and furnace may overshoot to 80F. I have a very large stored solar pile in the yard. Natural gas furnace is turned OFF and gas is turned OFF.

Last edited:
Why is stored solar set at 68F? Mine is at 78F set point and furnace may overshoot to 80F. I have a very large stored solar pile in the yard. Natural furnace is turned OFF and gas is turned OFF.
We don't really like it that warm, especially for sleeping so we keep it at 62F overnight. Occasionally we bump it up a few degrees if we're feeling chilled. Or we start a fire in the fireplace. ;)

We don't really like it that warm, especially for sleeping so we keep it at 62F overnight. Occasionally we bump it up a few degrees if we're feeling chilled. Or we start a fire in the fireplace. ;)

My old house is likely 62F or less upstairs. Needs some insulation work. Have to keep it very warm just to have some of the rooms cool, not cold.

Back