They are taking over here......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wish i could find out more info on the 026 acres internet doesn't say anything HP,bore,stroke would be nice
my 026 is a oddball according to some it has a adjustable oiler and no decomp most 026 saws came with neither except the pro saws.

But then Treesmith's saw fried. No bogs......but it just fried the piston. Weird as hell? Yep.

It was wierd, I'd sold it to my friend with the intention of buying another, I wasn't using it that often and he needed one.

He was running 40-1 ultra, experienced arborist, knows how to use a saw blah blah, I was with him the day it happened, it was running fine and cutting brilliantly as always. He was cutting rings in a blue gum, shut it off and it wouldn't restart, I tried and the compression felt low so put it away till later. We carried on with an 088xb and 288xp for big stuff and 261xb/261cxb for limbing, all other saws ran fine with no issues so not fuel, weather was warm but not hot.

When I stripped it I noticed the exhaust and cylinder were very sooty, black underneath with tan brown and a light grey tinge on top, piston and rings were toast, cylinder walls had heavy transfer on exhaust and inlet, exhaust having the worst. Failed a vac/pressure test with bubbles coming from decomp valve, valve itself had signs of carbon blowby on the outside like spots of paint overspray. Wiggled the decomp a bit and it sealed up, no other leaks with pressure or vacuum.

I've seen black dirty soot in saws at work using ultra at more than 50-1, I'm going back to mobil1 2t in future.

I'm thinking carboned up leaking decomp caused a lean seize, can't think of anything else

Awesome saw, looks like its mine again so that's a win anyway

Not to go off topic but can anyone throw me the stihl carb part number for a fully adjustable carburetor for my 026
mine only has the fixed high jet carb on it and it is itelli carb.

Message @Definitive Dave , he has some nice looking fully adjustable carbs for very good prices. Saw one of them myself.

Latest posts

Back