Thinking about having my 261c souped up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now go back and trade the 362 in for a 461. Ive had a 362. It went down the road. Too close to the feel/bulk of a 70cc saw with a serious power disadvantage. I gave the 362 a fair shake, it was ported with several tanks of fuel thru it, and to me, it came up "lacking". I wouldnt want to use a stock one.

I have a 441 that I use with a 25" bar. Im plenty happy with that.

I get the argument about having saws to close together. I tend to use the shorter bar recommendations on my saws so I am not disappointed in the saws performance. If I get into anything bigger than a 25" bar can handle, Ill get a bigger saw. But that's highly unlikely.

I also considered trading the 441 for the 461, but there isn't enough difference between the 2, IMO, to justify the value.

Get randy to port the 441 and you'll forget all about that 362

Send Randy the 362 so it cuts like a 461 :yes:

Randy's warranty is better than Stihl's.

My saw had a few problems I didn't know about when I sent it to him for the "treatment". He wound up splitting the case, fixing all the problems, replacing the top cover with the correct one for the saw, redoing my handle and doing all the porting for no additional cost.

When I inquired, his only answer was "I wanted you to have a nice saw". Can't beat that customer service.

Back