Thinking of buying 2004 vermeer bc1400 are they good chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i have a bc1000 and bandit 90xp and they both been ok but i found a bc1400 with low hours and a decent price and was wondering if they are good chippers i have never tried one do any of you guys used one before please give me some info o what should i look out for

thanks

i have a bc1000 and bandit 90xp and they both been ok but i found a bc1400 with low hours and a decent price and was wondering if they are good chippers i have never tried one do any of you guys used one before please give me some info o what should i look out for

thanks

They shake themselves to bits, not good, stay away. I know several people who have owned them. That's why they don't make em anymore!

Wouldn't do it if I were you!!

I have a 2004 BC 1400 and the CAT motor just went. Only 1900 hrs on it. It was a decent chipper for the most part but had its issues as well. Three years ago my Vermeer dealer did a complete makeover on it to try to please us on there dime and it still had issues. In the end I would stay away from buying that machine. I have since switched to BC 1200's with a winch and is a way better machine. I have an two 2001 BC 1000's and they still run like a deer and at the time thought the 1400's would be good as well but obviously was wrong.

Latest posts

Back