This cylinder is toast, right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the cylinder looks amazingly clean for that piston...that is one nasty slug-o-scrap metal.

Mark

Oldsaw,
that were my thoughts also. the grooves in the cylinder are not deep at all, rather mild scoring marks really. I personally think the cyl is worthwhile honing.

Lake, fyi. A replacement kit (cyl+piston, not original) was quoted at 197$ to me. The parts in Europe are even more expensive as the saws compared to the US :angry:

thanks for your input.:)

bama, thats not pretty but there is a chance depending on your resources and handyness. what saw does this go on?
If the squish band is pitted you coult cut it with a lathe. you could relieve the bad part of the transfers equally on each side and knife edge the divider. you could probably pick up a little power too.

Buck

This is off an 011, but I found another cylinder for it. I don't quite have those kind of resources to do what you mention. It would be nice to be able to give it a whirl. I always like learning something new.

Latest posts

Back