this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to have more than an interest to be good, and Hedgerow is being kind, I don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as him as far as filing goes.

Lastly Shane, you got me all wrong. I ain't insulted at all, not one single bit. I do enjoy seeing how far you try reaching on some stuff, but I think you should try a little more to put a chain or two in these races, then you could stop giving excuses and tell me to shut-up !

if i entered a chain you guys wouldn't be able to pick on me anymore. where's the fun it that :)

i believe you, i really do, i also believe you are nothing more then a firewood hack. then the question come up. how many tanks a year? maybe i'm being cocky, i try not to be but i just can't believe how many guys mistake forum posting experience with the real world. i spill more then you burn a year lol
For 2015, I purchased 6 pails of VP SEF (5 gallons each) and used probably 10 gallons of pump gas ............... all 2 cycle. SEF is for saws and they mostly run for stumping

40 gallons of 2 cycle this year

Now ..................... time to put up on your end
Just send in one of your work chains, thats all I am sending in to Cut4fun for his race

Heck ............ I will even take care of postage for you. You send it to Cut4fun, and I will send postage to him with enough left over for him to put a few greenbacks in your package going back to you

OK.. You don't have to...

Ifn' you are a tad scared and all..

I mean, if a couple firewood hacks drubbed your chain, that would be right embarrasing..

So I can't blame ya there..

Lol.

My Fruit Loops are all over the table now .................Thanks Hedge !!!

if i entered a chain you guys wouldn't be able to pick on me anymore. where's the fun it that :)
I got a feeling that we would still be having fun for a while ................ dont you worry about that, and stop trying to make up new excuses

For 2015, I purchased 6 pails of VP SEF (5 gallons each) and used probably 10 gallons of pump gas ............... all 2 cycle. SEF is for saws and they mostly run for stumping

40 gallons of 2 cycle this year

Now ..................... time to put up on your end
Just send in one of your work chains, thats all I am sending in to Cut4fun for his race

Heck ............ I will even take care of postage for you. You send it to Cut4fun, and I will send postage to him with enough left over for him to put a few greenbacks in your package going back to you

LMFAO! Yer so hurt by my comment in the beginning that you are now willing to pay me to send a chain. Who gives a **** man lol. Literally. If You stop to think for more then 2 seconds in between cuts your fast chain ain't gonna help you at all cutting against me. Cutting 3 fast cookies Like I said. I openly admitted having recently taken up square filing. That doesn't mean I can't file a lethal round accurately. I grind when I can. The square files only come out in camp. I hold a lot of respect for a guy that can produce. Unfortunately for you, a sharp chain is only part of it. So you want a chain sent from someone who just took it up? lol how long does it take you to sharpen a 72dl start to finish? GTFO lol I'm not looking to take an hour to sharpen. I'm looking to make a chain sharp in as little time as possible.

LMFAO! Yer so hurt by my comment in the beginning that you are now willing to pay me to send a chain. Who gives a **** man lol. Literally. If You stop to think for more then 2 seconds in between cuts your fast chain ain't gonna help you at all cutting against me. Cutting 3 fast cookies Like I said. I openly admitted having recently taken up square filing. That doesn't mean I can't file a lethal round accurately. I grind when I can. The square files only come out in camp. I hold a lot of respect for a guy that can produce. Unfortunately for you, a sharp chain is only part of it. So you want a chain sent from someone who just took it up? lol how long does it take you to sharpen a 72dl start to finish? GTFO lol I'm not looking to take an hour to sharpen. I'm looking to make a chain sharp in as little time as possible.

Send in your round, there will be lots of other round there.
Believe me, I aint hurt at all
If I was, I wouldnt be offering

i'm honest about my abilities. i tried square filing in the past and didn't pick it up again til recently. only reason i started doing it is to sharpen chains in camp without my grinder. i can make a chain cut good enough with a square file to not be hesitant on square filing for the woods but i do need alot more practice. i like how i have an all in one file too rather then carrying a round and flat. one things for certain. square filing on a stump is a whole new art compared to square filing in a vice. half the work is done for you in a vice lol. i'm trying to get used to doing both side cutters from behind the saw in the same position. it's proven extremely difficult cause i can't hardly see the cutter but i know if i can master it i'll be set.i can make one cut better then round anyways. i was working a home job recently and i do like to just grind after the day is done rather then touch chains up in the bush. most fallers round file. again, my chains work, not interested in a race at all.
I think you're just a wanker, a good round filed chain is just miliseconds behind a good race chain, but you wouldn't know that.

Filing a chain is not that difficult. It is like cooking a good meal, you are the beneficiary of your own work. You have built in incentive to improve. The more u do it, the better u should get.

I have only been doing it for 5 years. I can't square file well, I have tried, but never found a file I really liked.

I can round file well enough to put wood in the fire place, mill slabs and cut Osage Orange all day.

I little humility goes a long way. I do not cut wood for a living, it is my hobby, and my exercise, and a way to help a lot of people.

Hey Shane, care to step off your high horse any time soon?:laugh:

if you didn't notice, all i said was 95% of people can't file chain. then my only defense mechinism from mopar and hedge was to say i can outcut them regardless of how fast their chain is. that is the way it goes. i ain't on no high horse and if i was then so would they be about their chains. i'm on level ground trying to beat the sense that a sharp chain isn't the only thing that makes you fast. a saw or chain can be fast but that don't mean your fast. then,even if a chain is fast that don't mean it's gonna stay fast long. i'm in it for smooth long lasting chain, whatever speed comes with that is what comes with that. point of this story, the guy scares some people. he doesn't scare me. if he did there would be alot of other people that scared me more. i stated my opinion on the matter, some guys didn't like it which i fully expected. get over it! fact of the matter is most guys are so afraid of the danger of falling a tree you wouldn't even see them attempt it. the guy in the video is doing just fine for a hack. he is above average compared to the hacks i see around here.

if you didn't notice, all i said was 95% of people can't file chain. then my only defense mechinism from mopar and hedge was to say i can outcut them regardless of how fast their chain is. that is the way it goes. i ain't on no high horse and if i was then so would they be about their chains. i'm on level ground trying to beat the sense that a sharp chain isn't the only thing that makes you fast. a saw or chain can be fast but that don't mean your fast. then,even if a chain is fast that don't mean it's gonna stay fast long. i'm in it for smooth long lasting chain, whatever speed comes with that is what comes with that. point of this story, the guy scares some people. he doesn't scare me. if he did there would be alot of other people that scared me more. i stated my opinion on the matter, some guys didn't like it which i fully expected. get over it! fact of the matter is most guys are so afraid of the danger of falling a tree you wouldn't even see them attempt it. the guy in the video is doing just fine for a hack. he is above average compared to the hacks i see around here.
Tfl;dr

Back to the OP:

YouTube videos are worth what you pay to watch them.
Some really good stuff on some videos; some total crap on others; some really dangerous. Sometimes, easy to tell which is which.

The WranglerStar guy, in the first post, is pretty confident in his conclusions, even if he is just plain wrong or uniformed. Take his advice with a lot of salt.

Then there are guys like Taryl (anybody watch Taryl?); where you have to step back and think a bit . . . .

Philbert

i only do firewood with my saw. never tried square chain, my grandpa told me it is hard to sharpen and easy to screw up.
round filed chains is good enough for me. i don't race but i might cut a cookie or two here or there to check how well i sharpened the chain.

Back