This is AMAZING

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just wear cheap surgical gloves?
Cheap flour to keep lubed inside. Ya can take 'em off and on all day.
Use them until ya get a rip in 'em. Then toss 'em..what $.20 max a pair??
And also same for auto oil/greasy work. Can clean with solvent while wearing.
And the thick green chemical resistant ones are even better.
Maybe I'm taking this thread too serious..when I shouldn't.
Anyways..just "food for thought"..whatever..do what ya wanna do..
Bes2ya!...J2F

what the hell are you a proctologist?

I like muratic acid:rolleyes:

Back when I was taking chemistry in college (and in high school), I would routinely wash my hands in concentrated (3 molar) Hydrocloric acid (muriatic acid), Sulfuric acid (battery acid), Acetic acid, Sodium Hydroxide (lye), or Ammonium hydroxide, depending on what icky gunk I happened to have on my hands. Back then, rubber gloves were not even to be found in the laboratory.

No fooling! Naturally, I would rinse it off after about 30 to 60 seconds, as my skin began to tingle.

Of course all of the above caustic reagents would be useless on pine pitch, as it is a mixture of long chain hydrocarbons. the acids and bases are mostly only effective on "inorganic chemistry".

I'm with Ozzie42 on using gasoline, preferably straight gas, as it doesn't leave an oily film.

Back when I was taking chemistry in college (and in high school), I would routinely wash my hands in concentrated (3 molar) Hydrocloric acid (muriatic acid), Sulfuric acid (battery acid), Acetic acid, Sodium Hydroxide (lye), or Ammonium hydroxide, depending on what icky gunk I happened to have on my hands. Back then, rubber gloves were not even to be found in the laboratory.

No fooling! Naturally, I would rinse it off after about 30 to 60 seconds, as my skin began to tingle.

Of course all of the above caustic reagents would be useless on pine pitch, as it is a mixture of long chain hydrocarbons. the acids and bases are mostly only effective on "inorganic chemistry".

I'm with Ozzie42 on using gasoline, preferably straight gas, as it doesn't leave an oily film.

Thanks for fixing that cause I never really put gas on my skin, well once:

I had just taken the Holley off some truck and was carrying it to the bench when I dropped it. I caught it before it hit the ground but gas spilled out and onto my little pee pee. By the time I got my pants off my little unit was turned into what resembled a big wad of chewed hubba bubba bubble gum. It was all puffy, red and lumpy and burned like hell. I put the hose on it and was OK.

haha...i'm surprised nobody has added...wire brush to the equation..i know a farmer dude who swears by brake cleaner and a wirebrush for poison ivy..lol:clap:

haha...i'm surprised nobody has added...wire brush to the equation..i know a farmer dude who swears by brake cleaner and a wirebrush for poison ivy..lol:clap:

See? That is what I am saying. WTF? But that is what these guys do, rake it open and dump gas on it. I just want to help, there is a better way.

Just for the record,I do not prefer to use gas.Prefer the gojo,but I will use gas if that is all that is available.

When I was a kid ,we didnt have any go jo.
Always gas on a tree job.

Better yet I try to use some throw away work gloves when I know I have to handle a bunch of it.

I had just taken the Holley off some truck and was carrying it to the bench when I dropped it. I caught it before it hit the ground but gas spilled out and onto my little pee pee...

For pine pitch removal in that sort of private spot I recommend that you try baby oil. Rub slowly with light pressure in a rhythmic pattern, so as to reach the most effective removal of the problem. :blush:

Gasoline is definitely the wrong cleaner for that area. :eek:

For pine pitch removal in that sort of private spot I recommend that you try baby oil. Rub slowly with light pressure in a rhythmic pattern, so as to reach the most effective removal of the problem. :blush:

Gasoline is definitely the wrong cleaner for that area. :eek:

I still wake up in a cold sweat with the vivid picture of my bubble gummed willey, poor little guy.

Just for the record,I do not prefer to use gas.Prefer the gojo,but I will use gas if that is all that is available.

When I was a kid ,we didnt have any go jo.
Always gas on a tree job.

Better yet I try to use some throw away work gloves when I know I have to handle a bunch of it.

I hate to wear gloves when working on sappy trees. Once the glove gets bad your hands become sticky flippers that don't work very well. It much easier to use bare hands.,, at least I know I have little chance of dropping the saw.

..I used to find sap leaks on carpentry jobs and rub it on my hammer hamdle like rosin for a baseball bat..after a couple hours it turns into nonstick grippy rubber...but since climbing trees i hate it..especially on my flipline which turns into a crud stick that wont pass thorugh the rope grab...mineral spirits on ropes?

..I used to find sap leaks on carpentry jobs and rub it on my hammer hamdle like rosin for a baseball bat..after a couple hours it turns into nonstick grippy rubber...but since climbing trees i hate it..especially on my flipline which turns into a crud stick that wont pass thorugh the rope grab...mineral spirits on ropes?

No, go climb some ash for awhile, that'll do it.

new_kit.jpg

Worked over 30 years in a steel mill. Tried lots of different solvents and hand cleaners through the years. That Fast Orange is the best and doesn't dry out the hands.
attachment.php

You do realize I put that picture in the the first post of this thred? That was the "amazing" method.

i just srub the heck out of it till most comes off and the say :censored: it prolly gonna get some more tomarrow. comon guys ive been to church with a lil sap on my arms..

not sure who said it but

real treemen go to bed with sap on the arms...

Back