This is WEIRD!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reported it to eBay, this is the response I just received:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the unauthorized use of image
and text.

I reviewed all the information you sent, but I don't have enough
evidence to show that the seller violated any eBay policies.

Sometimes members allow others to use their images. It's also possible
that the seller got the photo from the same source or from a source we
can't verify. In either case, we can't remove the listing.

The only way we can take action in a case like this is if the person who
owns the image or text writes to us directly.

If you feel strongly about this issue, I recommend that you contact the
content owner and suggest that he or she contact us. Once we hear from
the owner, we can respond appropriately.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
xxxxx

I got my reply back from the lawyer.She said as the old adage goes we'll just have to wait 9 more days and see"only time will tell".I just ask her another question and asked if she was a lawyer or a retard for saying the saw was the same"make,model and condition"I asked her also how the hell does she know the condition of the saw in the pic when all she has is a pic of someone eles saw.I also told her her statements were false and misleading and untrue.This is getting even more fun now.

I reported it to eBay, this is the response I just received:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to the unauthorized use of image
and text.

I reviewed all the information you sent, but I don't have enough
evidence to show that the seller violated any eBay policies.

Sometimes members allow others to use their images. It's also possible
that the seller got the photo from the same source or from a source we
can't verify. In either case, we can't remove the listing.

The only way we can take action in a case like this is if the person who
owns the image or text writes to us directly.

If you feel strongly about this issue, I recommend that you contact the
content owner and suggest that he or she contact us. Once we hear from
the owner, we can respond appropriately.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
xxxxx
What about the condition?Is her saws piston and cylinder in the same condition as the one in the picture or anyother part on the saw in the same condition as she states.The make and model is the same and thats all that could be the same.

Mail Order Bride

Mail order bride. Jewelry in photo not included.

Philbert, Esq.

attachment.php

Truth, Justice, and the American Way Prevail!

She ammended her listing.

Good work guys!

Philbert

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

PLEASE READ PRIOR TO BIDDING: This is the IDENTICAL MAKE, MODEL & CONDITION of the saw that is listed. This is a photo off of “GOOGLE IMAGES” as my computer will NOT allow me to transfer photos from my digital camera to my computer as it states that I have “low disc space.” I am a DEFENSE ATTORNEY not a COMPUTER PROGRAMMER/WIZ! The photo is for REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY in an effort to visually enable folks who are NOT chainsaw enthusiasts or collector’s to see what a “Vintage McCulloch 7-10 Automatic Chainsaw” looks like. After searching GOOGLE IMAGES, this is the photo that BEST REPRESENTS my saw. I did NOT intend to deceive or mislead anyone either deliberately or inadvertently with a “GOOGLE IMAGES” photo. As previously stated, this is the EXACT SAME MAKE, MODEL NUMBER & CONDITION AS THE SAW THAT IS LISTED. I AM NOT "KNOWINGLY ADVERTISING A PRODUCT OR SERVICES THAT DO NOT EXIST OR FUNCTION AS REPRESENTED NOR, AM I MISREPRESENTING THE SAW, THE MAKE, THE MODEL NUMBER,ITS CHARACTERISTICS, QUALITIES, SERVICES or FUNCTIONABILITY" et, al. in any way, whatsoever. I AM NOT "DELIBERATELY DECEIVING, DEFRAUDING, CHEATING OR “TRICKING” ANYONE IN ORDER TO SECURE UNFAIR OR UNLAWFUL GAINS” with my $9.99 LISTING!! I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED. IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH MY LISTING, THEN DO NOT BID and MOVE ON TO THE NEXT SAW. PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO ASK ME TO POST AN ACTUAL PHOTO AS I CAN NOT. IF I COULD TRANSFER PHOTOS, I WOULD BUT, UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NOT DO SO AT THIS TIME. I WISH YOU SUCCESS IN YOUR CONTINUED CHAINSAW SEARCH!!!

Whats an "esquire" doing selling chainsaws om ebay anyway? I'd thought "esquires" sat around in riding pants sipping perrier or mint juleps while holding a little drop kick dog named Paris. Speaking of Paris are there any French chainsaws. That'd be even better than a Chinese one

My 2 cents worth

I just stuck my reply on there as well. I suggested she defrad her drive after she deletes all the garbage on there! Ha!

Isn't is amazing how just a little thing is bitting her on the :biggrinbounce2:

Anybody else get a nice personal answer from miss Colleen Bollander,ESQ. with alot of capital letters and " " and !?!.She said I was her friend now but I should find something better to do with my life ,perhaps expand my horizions:monkey:She also told me she was looking farward to hearing from me with more of my top notch advice.I thought for a second it was Space trying to sell a saw and I must have asked or said the wrong things:cry:Them defense lawyers are sure touchy and not the smartest either:dizzy:

Anybody else get a nice personal answer from miss Colleen Bollander,ESQ. with alot of capital letters and " " and !?!.She said I was her friend now but I should find something better to do with my life ,perhaps expand my horizions:monkey:She also told me she was looking farward to hearing from me with more of my top notch advice.I thought for a second it was Space trying to sell a saw and I must have asked or said the wrong things:cry:Them defense lawyers are sure touchy and not the smartest either:dizzy:
I just sent her a note asking why she has to SCREAM so much, and wouldn't a defense attorney know that using a different picture is not the same? They do split hairs in court over stuff like that, don't they? jeesh...:chainsaw:

And for any of you claiming you thought it was space, let's not forget that space is actually smart enough to know how to transfer a picture from his computer...at least I think he is...;)

I just sent her a note asking why she has to SCREAM so much, and wouldn't a defense attorney know that using a different picture is not the same? They do split hairs in court over stuff like that, don't they? jeesh...:chainsaw:

And for any of you claiming you thought it was space, let's not forget that space is actually smart enough to know how to transfer a picture from his computer...at least I think he is...;)
When I confronted her with the condition of the saw she wrote back saying the "CONDITION/OVERALL LOOK" is the same-Vintage Yellow.Vintage Yellow is not the "condition" of the saw:dizzy:It's the color.

A question for all you armchair lawyers...?

Say, that pic that the seller grabbed came from AboristSite. Seems that Mike Acres might actually own that content that is posted on his forums per the registration and/or user agreement when folks sign up, I'm not sure off the top of my head, but that is usually the case with most online forums.

This is interesting, cause AFAIK, Mike doesn't give Google the right to distribute the data from his forums, and more likely they just snarf it up for their own use. Certainly the seller is at fault, but it's an interesting predicament with the inet and how it always throws a monkey wrench into the picture.

Makes one ponder sometimes...:monkey:

I see you have scream in capital letters.That is how half the words in her second response to me were.Her second response started out - Hi again woodyman,Are we going to be spending the whole weekend or the week for that matter together?Oh,How I wish that these were"billable hours and I was charging you for my time!$! Lets review FALSE& MISLEADING"FACTS" for the MILLIONTH TIME shall we.I will do my best to be as specific as possible and clarify the things that you are having a hard time grasping and everyone else is SICK&TIRED of hearing.That is the first part of a very long response I received from the defense attorney.I think she likes me:cheers:

That is the first part of a very long response I received from the defense attorney.I think she likes me:cheers:
Are you serious, she LOVES you! :cheers:

My last reply to her in regard to lawyers using a reasonable comparison in court:

"Your correct, they do use a reasonable comparison, but they TELL you that it IS a reasonable comparison. You didn't state it was a reasonable comparison, until put to the test, esquire."

I think she LOVES me also...:chainsaw:

always put your driver's license number on your tools if you get something stolen and a cop finds it they can run your DL and find you.
thats why my saws have my DL# engraved in about 10 different spots on the top of the jug on my ms 310 it says "i'm stolen CDL XXXXXXX"
also engrave it somewhere thats hard not to see it

Well she didn't post my question to her yesterday, as others, as I would say she had copped quite a few, thanks to the members at AS, heh heh.

Being a Defence Attorney, she would be wondering what hit her lol.

Here is her response to me for suggesting to her that she was slightly full of schit.

Hi there,

Thank you for your advice however, I can NOT TRANSFER the photos from my camera to my computer because it states that I have "low disc space." I am a Defense Attorney, not a Computer Programmer/Wiz. As a matter of fact, I am not computer savvy at all..I have a wonderfully competent Legal Assistant for that. Obviously it would have been MUCH EASIER since I VALUE MY TIME, to take my own photos vs. sorting through pages on "GOOGLE IMAGES" to find one that BEST REPRESENTS my saw. I did NOT intend to deceive or mislead anyone either deliberately or inadvertently as this is the EXACT SAME MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AS THE SAW THAT IS LISTED.I AM NOT "KNOWINGLY ADVERTISING A PRODUCT OR SERVICES THAT DO NOT EXIST OR FUNCTION AS REPRESENTED NOR, AM I MISREPRESENTING THE SAW, THE MAKE, THE MODEL NUMBER,ITS CHARACTERISTICS, QUALITIES, SERVICES or FUNCTIONABILITY" et, al.in any way whatsoever. Typically I am a "Buyer" vs. a "Seller" on E-bay and this is primarily why. It's unbelievable to me just how many people have so much time on their hands OR are fortunate enough to be in the 1% of the population that are so financially well off (everyone LOVES a good deal) that they can afford to take time out of their "busy" day to not only search E-bay but, to comment on an alleged "misleading/fraudulent" vintage chain saw listing that had a starting bid of $9.99! I am NOT "deliberately deceiving, defrauding, cheating or "tricking" anyone in order to secure unfair or unlawful gains" with my $9.99 listing!! Put it into perspective the mere notion is absolutely ridiculous and absurd. The saw referenced-above, is the EXACT MODEL of the saw that I am selling and for reference purposes, this is simply what it looks like. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS "GOOGLE IMAGE" MAY HAVE CAUSED and hope that you have a GREAT WEEKEND! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any additional questions or comments. Colleen Bollander, Esq.

Well she didn't post my question to her yesterday, as others, as I would say she had copped quite a few, thanks to the members at AS, heh heh.

Being a Defence Attorney, she would be wondering what hit her lol.

Here is her response to me for suggesting to her that she was slightly full of schit.

She is off the planet!
As for having a good weekend I have. Very entertaining.

stinkbait... I don't suppose the serial number she listed is the same as the one on your saw is it? LOL

is that even a valid serial number format for that saw?

Latest posts

Back