This man Hoss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
Haaaaaaaaaaa, no saw shall defeat da PYTHONS. Now if your a older cuss I fully understand some have to sit them on the ground,hehehe

Sitting on the ground gives them hemorrhoids:blob2:

TreeCo said:
Nice collection of monster saws.

No kidding Dan, Hoss has a helluva collection of big saws. To make your day Dan get this. While Hoss was there I got a call from Mid-Atlantic Sthil. I was telling their man about Hoss'es big saws. The guy tells me of a 090 he saw last week that, believe it or not, has never had one drop of gas ever put in it. Its at a dealer down in NC. He said the saw looks like the day it was put in the box. Hard to imagine saws being saved like that...

Lakeside53 said:
I want videos of you drop starting each of them, above the concrete floor, and no tip bashing!:givebeer:

LOLOL,okkkkkkkkkkkk. However to strain the Pythons to that degree there must be a reward for such a feat unknown to mankind. Let me think on it and I'll get back to ya,lolol

Sprig said:
:chainsaw: grrrrrrrrrrrrr, wanna run one of 'em, now, inna dark, under a tarp, with my buddy Gark.

How isit that I find this hilarious and scary all at the same time?:confused:

Hoss, that XP100 looks pimped (spent the weekend with my nephew.....) With that Harvester bar on it!

You may have just started a trend.:cheers:

I don't know about starting a trend but at least it fits and works better than the hard tip that was on it. As you can see the paint isn't perfect on these but they are complete and they all see use in the rotation. I know some people wouldn't want to actually use these but I get such a kick out of tracking down the parts and rebuilding these beasts that I can't resist puttin em to wood. Also I am often suprised by how well built and how well they actually cut if you get them running right. That 990g is a blast when those reed valves kick in during a cut. In the long run I guess it is a good thing these biggun's aren't trailer queens cause they'ed just get dirty when I use em.:greenchainsaw:

THALL10326 said:
I asked Hoss today just how many saws do you own, he goes oh about 38. No doubt all of them are big saws. He likes em big. I should have gotton him in one of the pics. He's one big dude and can handle those big saws. He likes the Cuda machine, that I know for a fact,lol. Hoss can fill yaw in about the saws in the pics, he knows them like the back of his hand......

I am glad to see all is well. I talked with him several weeks ago and I thought we were working a trade but I haven't heard back.

Bill

hoss said:
. I know some people wouldn't want to actually use these but I get such a kick out of tracking down the parts and rebuilding these beasts that I can't resist puttin em to wood. Also I am often suprised by how well built and how well they actually cut if you get them running right. That 990g is a blast when those reed valves kick in during a cut. In the long run I guess it is a good thing these biggun's aren't trailer queens cause they'ed just get dirty when I use em.:greenchainsaw:

Wow, Hoss, nice collection of big saws. I had already seen some of yours in an earlier post you made.
Would also love to see the big Mac's you have, as I also have two SP 105, which are still good runners. Will post a pic later, if you don't mind.

I am taking one completely apart for cleaning/repainting right now and agree with you ; it's surprising how well these saws were built.

keep them pics coming, please :clap:
roland

THALL10326 said:
..................I got a call from Mid-Atlantic Sthil. I was telling their man about Hoss'es big saws. The guy tells me of a 090 he saw last week that, believe it or not, has never had one drop of gas ever put in it. Its at a dealer down in NC. ........

If you can locate that saw I as well as others would be very interested.

Bill

Bill G said:
If you can locate that saw I as well as others would be very interested.

Bill
I'll bet it ain't for sale!

Hoss, that is one nice group of machines there. I'd love to hear them things fire up. I have an old Homelite WIZ from around 1960, and that thing hurts your ears. Always best to let these things make a few cuts now and then. If you never run 'em, then all you really have are 3 dimensional pictures.

Great pics of some real saw history! Makes the ole 066 look like a climbing saw.

It would be good to have a person in a picture w/ that homie just for scale. You know...like Stihl does with thier calendars..:hmm3grin2orange:

My dealer gave me the name of a guy here with a NIB (so they say) 090. They told me it cannot be bought. But you know how those stories go most of the time...I'm gonna try and talk to the guy myself and find out the real story. I'm not trying to buy it but I'd sure like to talk w/ the guy and see what else he has.

Chaser

Great pics!! Thanx a lot. This is what we wanna see!:bowdown:

Can't wait till Hoss coming with his other saws, also wanna see him with the saws.

Thanx again.:clap: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back