This piston looks normal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sre09

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi there. I post a few pics with the piston of my husqvarna 365 exhaust side. Tell me is this normal looking piston?

Attachments

• DSCI0546.JPG
    DSCI0546.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCI0548.JPG
    DSCI0548.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCI0550.JPG
    DSCI0550.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 394
  • DSCI0552.JPG
    DSCI0552.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 403
  • DSCI0559.JPG
    DSCI0559.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 320
Doesnt look terrible, looks like it has some hours on it. What is compression? Why are you looking at it? If it aint broke dont fix it.

Hi there. I post a few pics with the piston of my husqvarna 365 exhaust side. Tell me is this normal looking piston?
Get that piton down lower and get some lighting on the top of the piston for a better pic so these smart guys can see it. What we can see looks good but the jury is still out.

what the top of the piston tell you about how the chainsaw is runing?

Did you test the compression? You can't see much through the exhaust hole. You can disassemble the whole saw in 15 minutes. It's the only good way to check the entire cylinder for damage. I just did mine yesterday.image.jpg

what the top of the piston tell you about how the chainsaw is runing?

You can tell the F/A ratio based on the burn pattern and if the top has any damage it could indicate several things. Also, if you take a picture at the same angle with the piston at BDC and light in through the spark plug hole you will be able to see the cylinder wall and if there is scoring on that side...

The opposite end of TDC :)

TDC - Top Dead Centre
BDC - Bottom Dead Centre

ie Top and bottom of stroke

A few seconds too late

ok thx for info, i will do that and i will tell you how the wall of cylinder looks

also i want to tell you that the chainsaw is runing awesome it revs pretty high rpm, also i have the limiters caps on carb so i think i could not make it too lean right?

also i want to tell you that the chainsaw is runing awesome it revs pretty high rpm, also i have the limiters caps on carb so i think i could not make it too lean right?

Yes... I've read back through the entire thread, is there a question? Your piston looks fine and you say it runs very well.. then leave it alone and go cut some wood. Just make sure that if you remove the limiters on the carb, you tune it correctly.

Yes... I've read back through the entire thread, is there a question? Your piston looks fine and you say it runs very well.. then leave it alone and go cut some wood. Just make sure that if you remove the limiters on the carb, you tune it correctly.
I had the same thought. It's got good compression and it runs good, so what's the point of this thread?:dizzy:

Doesnt sound like he has the skils to tune it... You already nailed it... stop touching it and go cut some wood!

I said the first time my question if the piston looks good, so i removed the muffler only because i want to install the gasket because she was missing. I creat this thread to hear other peoples opinion about that piston and regardless to my skills i never had a chainsaw with limiter on carb so that is my concern about carb to be proper tuned

Back