This website is a bad influence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formula_pilot

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't post much, but I am here quite a bit, and that is causing the problem.
First, even though I had a pretty good but smalll saw, I bought a 346XP in March 2010, to use as my "firewood saw", to heat my house, and planned on it being able to meet my needs, even if it took a little longer on the bigger trees. I love running it and has done everything well, very pleased with it; but after hanging around here seeing videos, etc, I kept thinking how much nicer it would be to have a bigger saw for bucking up the bigger trunks, likethe really hard, dry oak from last weeks wind storm. So I just bought a NIB Univent 372XPW on ebay. My dad said that pretty soon, I will not be able to afford to "save money" by heating with wood, between the new chain saws, trailer, tools etc. I am not sure how many years of heating with wood it will take to break even at this rate.

Last edited:
I don't even heat with wood and look at what I've got in my sig. I've got a silvey swing arm in transit right now too. It's a never ending cycle.

Dang, I used to hang out on a woodworkers site and bought every woodworking tool that has ever been invented and went broke. Finally, I just stopped hanging out on that woodworkers site just so I could get my kids through college and that was a smart move.

Now that I hang out here, I realize how dumb I was over those years while buying a shop full of tools that I have no time for any more as I understand I need to buy chainsaws all the time while hanging out on this forum!

:chainsawguy:

Not sure why but I think I am needing another saw!! :yoyo:

We need councelling, or a support group

I came here with a Husky 51 and a McCulloch Eager Beaver, thinking I'd pick up a few tips on how to flog the McCulloch, and maybe pick up a better quality saw for limbing, loaning, camping. The good news is, I got what I wanted, and sold the little 35cc clunker. So now I have one saw, perfect. Does somebody want to explain why my garage is now inhabited by a Skil 1629, Shindaiwa 360, Husky 35, Husky 51, Stihl 026, Stihl 260, Stihl 038S? What the :censored: happened?

"The beginning of the end." Never had a better meaning than it does here: "The beginning" = CAD, "the end" = a wallet with anything other than receipts and plastic.:chainsawguy:

Back