Thought today was gonna be an "I suck" day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
Reaction score
...But now I'm not too sure. A friend of mine picked me up a load of old saws, and was even nice enough to deliver em for me while I was at work last night.

They didn't cost me a lot, but there doesn't seem to be any gold in the gravel either. Every loving one of em are locked up, most have been home to mice, some might still have the mice in em, and quite a few are obviously headed straight back to the scrap heap.

Some of em, notably the two little Pioneers and the 250 Mac will be useful for parts saws for stuff I already have, and a couple others might get my money back out of em as parts. Might try to fix up the JD 50V, since I don't have a JD saw and spent a lot of hours growing up cutting with a guy that swore by the Echo/Deere saws.

Anyhoo, here's a pic:

103_3808 (Medium).JPG

Yep. I have a Holiday-in-a-box down in the shed that might need a piece or two off it, not real sure as it came to me disassembled.

I've got one too. Really nice saw and runs good too. Does yours have the stack muffler or a chromed box type muffler? Regular holiday had stack muffler, then GT had a chrome muffler, then there was a GT II, I think.

I had to go look, both mine are the stack models. Hope to put the one in the box together over the winter. I've got a P-26 that I really like playing with too, they're really a pretty nice saw for an older machine.

I just got a Mac35 that I might need parts for and I have a John Deere 50 I could send in trade (good P&C but top handle broke from what I recall). What is the big yellow turd in the top right?

I had to go look, both mine are the stack models. Hope to put the one in the box together over the winter. I've got a P-26 that I really like playing with too, they're really a pretty nice saw for an older machine.
I'll have to look, but I think I might have a P26 in the shop. I know it's a P-something.

Guys, I should have known this would become a "I want this, etc" thread. To keep with policy, I'm not going to be selling anything in this thread. When I get some of this stuff cleaned up enough to see exactly how bad it is, if I'm not keeping it myself, I'll put it in the swap meet thread or up in the Tradin Post.

Sorry, but it's only fair to people I've warned about this in the past, and probably will again in the future.

To the questions:

The big McC in the top row right side is a 47. Incase you were wondering about the one front right, it's a Barker, maybe a C30 based on what I saw in Acres, but I'm not sure.

The Stihl carcass is an 026AV, ugly, rough, missing parts, and locked up.

Thought you might have gotten a decent Stihl there. That looks like a great haul. Was only curious for curiosity's sake....

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Guess I walked right into that one! Never played with the Dolmar saws - just Stihl - and kinda stuck on what I'm familiar with.

Mac 33/35 series. No tags to tell exactly which model. They're "unique" for sure, not necessarily in a good way.

werent those called lunchboxes?

Latest posts

Back