thoughts on 026 PRO vs 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
026 pro

The pro is for the operator that can't pull it over without a compression release. I sell them like accessories on a car. Do you want A/C and tilt wheel? The 026 will do everything you want to do. If you desire the accessories, get the pro.

Now I'm just curious, but who can't pull over a 2.9 cube saw? I can start my 6.7 Jonsey with the decomp off.

Something I just remembered: My 3.5 cube Homelite VI-123 is impossible to start without the valve. I feel like my arm's going to pull off just trying.

decomp valves...hmm...remember... when a race saw or a tuned saw is built the compression is less(well..feels less) it is much easier to pull over...with more exhaust comes easier pulling......I cannot honestly give the reasons why this works this way......I can think of one perfect example of a 6 cube saw that wins most of the races it enters and if you hold the pull handle the saw falls easily to the ground..one would think its worn out....I personally use decomp if its there...why not?

I agree with Dennis if I had decomp I'd use it too. Its alot easier on the starters. I've broke the springs and ripped the cords out on high compression saws many times.

Rip off?

Think I may have been ripped off on ebay.

Bought an 026 saw - saw arrived but with no exhaust or bolts etc. No mention of this in the description ("starts, runs and cuts like new").

Having now seen the saw, when looking back at the pictures, you can just make out that the exhaust is missing in one of them - if you don't know much about saws (like me) then you wouldn't notice from the pictures.

Any idea if you can buy these parts? Any idea how much they are likely to cost?

I'm in the UK by the way, but an idea of cost would be useful.

Thanks,

Pete.

Back