Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. You need a couple cheer leaders during something like this! I think I'm going to take a 1/2 day off today so that I can get this thing done and get everything else ready for the GTG. I'd have gotten a lot less than 5 1/2 hours sleep last night if I hadn't figured this out. Nothing bugs me worse than not knowing the cause of a problem. When I found it, I breathed a sigh of relief and almost quit for the night. But that didn't last long. I knew I had found the problem and HAD to hear it run, lol.

Good going! Nice Job!

I'm glad that was the only mistake that was made in this rush rebuild! Sometimes when we rush through things we can make some real bonehead mistakes! This one only cost you time and you got experience!

From the sound I expected to hear water burbbering from a prop!

Brad...You do good work! Keep it up! Thanks for the play-by-play pics!

Regards

Dan

well Bill, I think with Brads fascination with these old saws I am sure this model will be the next on his want list .

I was at bryces a few days ago picking up some extra 211 coils and I spotted a KB7 he was shipping to a muscle saw collector over in massychusits.

them big twins are addictive.

One of these days:) 50% more HP than the 211!

This isn't much faster than my normal speed, lol. Come to a GTG and watch me. Honestly, it's rather embarrasing when I see it on video. It's just the way I'm wired. I try to slow down and can't.

Brad, I'm going to bring an old Homelite EZ-6.....you up to preform some CPR on it???

Mike

Thanks for all the tips guys. This one really kicked my butt, HARD. I have absolutely worn myself out tonight. I lost 5 hours because of this tonight. 5 hours I didn't have right before a GTG, lol.

In desparation I finally pulled a cylinder. The problem was right there staring me in the face. I'm actually kind of embarassed to admit what it was, but I've always been upfront in the past, so here it is. When making my cylinder gaskets, I failed to cut our for the intake area. I simply cut out for the cylinder liner and bolted it together. No wonder it wouldn't run! It couldn't get air or fuel!:cry: Anyway I'm a relieved and happy man. New gaskets and it's back together and running.

The idle mixture is extremely sensative. I don't have it quite dialed in yet. It may have something to do with the AvGas I have in it now. Yes, another one of my desperate attempts to get it running. It's been my experience in the past that AvGas won't idle as well. But that's OK. This saw is just going to set most of the time. So I'll leave it.

In the course of my lovely evening I broke a recoil spring, recoil rope, had to replace part of the clutch, cleaned two extra carbs that weren't the problem, disassembled parts of the other two saws for inspection so that I could compare...... Yeah, it was a fun evening, NOT!

You can how fuel soaked it is, and the outline of where it needed cut out.
667461437_VaZeQ-M.jpg

Here you can see the area that was completely blocked.
667461523_LEuEV-M.jpg

Glad you got it running. So you don't feel to bad, I had a Husky I was redoing for a friend. I could get it to pop but wouldn't run. Replaced the carb, coil, etc. Finally asked another tech to take a look. About 30 seconds of looking he pulls the muffler, throws the rubber blocker I had behind the muffler at me.

Always seems to be the details that come back and bites ya :)

BTW, wish we had a NJ or Eastern PA resident making the run to the GTG. Would have been nice to get that Mall out to you.

Yeah what the fook is a zoomy?

big Bill made a set for one of his KB's. I was hopeing they had a vid of that one but this is the only KB vid I could find from V8sawgal.

I am trying to get him to build a few more sets right now. They are a short stack like a dragster has that are about 6 to 8 inches tall..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17FeEQRvbAM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17FeEQRvbAM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

big Bill made a set for one of his KB's. I was hopeing they had a vid of that one but this is the only KB vid I could find from V8sawgal.

I am trying to get him to build a few more sets right now. They are a short stack like a dragster has that are about 6 to 8 inches tall..

gotta love that sound....:greenchainsaw:

I do believe she's ready for wood. I had a pleasant surprise today. Once I got all the rust off the chain, I found it to be a brand new, never re-sharpened 9/16" Oregon chain. It's marked with a "B". I have no idea what that stands for. I think the clutch spring is a little weak, since it has to idle SO slow to keep from turning the chain. I'll find out tomorrow if it will cut wood. Wish me luck:clap:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFMZJC28rcM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFMZJC28rcM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back