Three 2-Man Disstons!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have I stumbled onto a deal here or not? I don't know yet myself. A friend of a friend called me on my cell yesterday and asked if I would be interested in three old Disston chainsaws. What kind of question is that;) If only he knew! He had no idea what model they were or anything about them. He emailed me some pics of them today. They look to all three be DA-211s. However, one of them says Kiekhaefer instead of Disston. Same saw? I don't know. That brand isn't mentioned on Acres site. All three look to be complete with the exception of a missing spark plug cover.

These saws belonged to the guys Dad, who is deceased. They are not sentimental heirlooms since they were just "old saws" that his Dad picked up to take to antique shows. He needed something to enter into the show to get free camping, and this was his ticket. I talked to my friend that knows this guy, and kindly gave him my phone number, and he thinks the guy just wants them out of the way and in a good home. I can do that for him!!!

These saws are located along the route I'll be taking to my inlaws tomorrow afternoon. I hope to be able to make plans to at least look at them, and hopefully "steal" them and take them with me. Wish me luck....or curse me:)

638405275_QsyFu-M.jpg

638405147_jwWR6-M.jpg

638405533_wUqS7-M.jpg

Those are some nice saws. The DA-211 is abouts the smoothest two-man saw that I have ever ran. I wish you luck.

He's supposed to get back with me with a price. I honestly have no idea what they might be worth, especially with their internal condition unknown. Any ideas what they're worth? There are no completed auctions at all on eBay.

I hope I didn't make a mistake telling him about Mike Acres. He's trying to contact Mike to see what they might be worth. It's only fair though since neither one of use have any idea what they're worth. He did say he's not looking to make a killing off of them.

I hope I didn't make a mistake telling him about Mike Acres. He's trying to contact Mike to see what they might be worth. It's only fair though since neither one of use have any idea what they're worth. He did say he's not looking to make a killing off of them.

What's wrong, don't you want to get a good steal????;) :laugh:

:cheers:
Mike

Good luck Brad!!

Looks like some nice saws for a collection..I never seen a Disston saw up close in person,,just heard of them...Dont see anything around this part of the country like that ...

A sure sign

Hmmmm... a scheme to get free camping. Sounds like classic crackhead behavior. LOL!

Seriously, looks like a great find. Hope you can score on at least one of them just so you can give us your usual Dr. Snelling dissection complete with photos. You could take us all to school on these historic old saws.

Seriously, looks like a great find. Hope you can score on at least one of them just so you can give us your usual Dr. Snelling dissection complete with photos. You could take us all to school on these historic old saws.

:agree2:
A complete restoration on one of these dinosaurs would be really cool!!! I would pick the oddball one....

:cheers:
Mike

Well, now I'm mad at myself. Looks like I've stabbed myself in the back. Mike Acres told him they're worth $500-$1000 EACH depending on condition, and probably on the higher end if they're running. I told him I couldn't give $500 a piece for them. He asked me what I would give. I honestly have no idea what they're worth since I have nothing to go by. Anyone here ever seen what one sold for? All I know is that I've only given $150 a piece for both of my Malls. Yeah, I'm bumming. I guess that's what I get for being honest, lol:)

Well, now I'm mad at myself. Looks like I've stabbed myself in the back. Mike Acres told him they're worth $500-$1000 EACH depending on condition, and probably on the higher end if they're running. I told him I couldn't give $500 a piece for them. He asked me what I would give. I honestly have no idea what they're worth since I have nothing to go by. Anyone here ever seen what one sold for? All I know is that I've only given $150 a piece for both of my Malls. Yeah, I'm bumming. I guess that's what I get for being honest, lol:)

WOW!!! That really sucks!

Dont feel bad Brad...

I had no idea he'd try to contact him. I just told him about ths site hoping to find out what they were. Oh well.

I was wantin a Mcc 797 on flea bay and thinkin it wouldnt go for much...I placed a decent bid but to my suprise it went for over 500.00....I was in shock,,and dissapointed....

The Ones that have Disston on the rear are the DA211 models. They were the most popular. The one that has Kiekhaefer on the rear is a model KA211. It was the last model made. I believe there is no difference between them other than the rear cover. I belive but I am not sure that when they went to the KA211 model it was because Kiekaefer took over the entire production.

Bill

Back