Three Cube Shootout!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that 50cc echo you ported would take them all.

U referrring to the 500p or the cs520 quad port he did. If it's the later, I have that saw and can get it to him in the name of science. Wouldn't that be something- Echo takes them all.:dizzy:.

I'm having a GTG in a couple weeks and having a good line up of these saws showing up should be
interesting to see what they do in some bigger wood.

U referrring to the 500p or the cs520 quad port he did. If it's the later, I have that saw and can get it to him in the name of science. Wouldn't that be something- Echo takes them all.:dizzy:.

Yes, that would be interesting..along with a new ported 50 cc poulan.

Randy did you say it still had a stock 346 2153 carb or has it been opened some .

I know on mine a 199 357 carb allowed for 10% quicker cut times then my stock 346 carbs.

To think I sold all my 50cc 346's and only kept my best 45cc 346 out of the OE ones. What a kick in the rump. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Randy did you say it still had a stock 346 2153 carb or has it been opened some .

I know on mine a 199 357 carb allowed for 10% quicker cut times then my stock 346 carbs.

That's 16.67mm vs 15 as I recall, sure it helps, but it should be possible to bore out the original carb to equal that (not sure really)?

It has the stock carb. I just took the flash out and thinned the screws....

To be honest with you, I was struggling with the results you posted last week showing the 550 ahead of the 346. Had that been the case, then my 346 had to be way stronger than yours,

Come on Brad all of our 346's are stronger then yours. Ours can pull 3/8. :hmm3grin2orange:

Heck my 45cc with 3/8 was right with yours at the gtg and the redmax 5000 when Andre ran it with his 3/8 whooped on you too. :msp_tongue::msp_razz:;)

Not to hijack the thread but since the Huskey's and Jonsered's are the same saw are they the same price? Any distinct differences between the saws that would sway a decision one way or the other?

Oh and nice job on the comparo!

Not to hijack the thread but since the Huskey's and Jonsered's are the same saw are they the same price? Any distinct differences between the saws that would sway a decision one way or the other?

Oh and nice job on the comparo!
Price differences vary between markets, no firm rule. It is up to the importers, distributers and the dealers, even though Husky owns both brands.

Back