Three down - ? to go...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was the day to get started on next season's pile...
Three oaks on the ground...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ya' know... I'm thinkin' BIGGER saw...

Last edited:
I know somebody that's going to be busy for a while.

It sure feels good when you're sitting there looking at that stack of cut and split and not an invoice from the oil / gas company.

Take Care

Or smaller trees :msp_lol:

Just me, or does that chain look awful loose?

I stopped in my woodlot this afternoon...grounds still a little soft, but I was sizing up the next round of trees to drop -- probably later this week or the weekend once the ground dries out a bit more.

Mostly Red Maples, maybe one sacrificial hickory that'll have to come down to drop the others.

Unless I end up really broke in retirement, my estate is gonna have one heck of a nice lot of Red Oaks by the time I'm done cutting out the low-value trees and crooked oaks.

The bottom 8 feet on 2 of those trees should make some good lumber. I would have cut them lower on the stump, and tried to sell the logs to the local mill. Plenty of wood still in those tops! but that's just me...

Just go down to the local Stihl dealer in about 30-40 days and pick you up a new 440 when they are re-releashed. It's all you need for that size wood. It'll make a nice combo with your 026. Those kind of tops are our bread and butter.

barkeater, not sure the price on 440,but i bought a 441 magnum with a 20 bar for 850. btw i'm upstate ny too, 20 miles west of albany.

Latest posts

Back