Thursday's work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czeigler

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here are some of the logs we brought home on Thursday. Only had enough time to pick up 1 loads worth after work. Still have about 20 logs to pick up yet.

Thinking about renting someone with a log truck... any ideas?

What would be a good/fair price?

They still have about 100 or so trees to cut down yet.

attachment.php

White Pine?

Spruce is at the left and Douglas Fir are the ones with pink in the middle.

Last edited:
Nice haul. I'd love to have access to some logs like that with the equipment to load them... oh, and a tandem axle trailer to haul them in attached to a truck with a real engine.

Hmmm.. I have issues with those logs it seems.

Ian

Nice haul. I'd love to have access to some logs like that with the equipment to load them... oh, and a tandem axle trailer to haul them in attached to a truck with a real engine.

Hmmm.. I have issues with those logs it seems.

Ian

Thanks,

It works out good, my uncle has the band mill and my buddy that you see in the picture has a Dodge Diesel that we used to haul the 18' tandem axel trailer with.

A friend of his offered to let us use his 25' gooseneck, but we are trying to check on prices for renting a log truck...might be cheaper in the long with the way gas prices are. lol.

The best part is, i pull up to the logs and the guy getting rid of them loads them for me. Very easy. Just kind of fell into it. (the connection that is).

Apparently there used to be another guy he gave logs to, but he was unreliable. He said that we are more than welcome to have all that he has. Can't beat that. He has 100 or so more trees to cut. I imagine i will be extremely busy this year milling logs. :clap:

if he has that much, why doesn't he take them to the mill? Not worthy saw logs?

Ian

It's at a Country club and Golf Course. They just want to get rid of them. He stated they had a Golf course designer come in and they are looking at clearing the area out.

He said they used to just cut them up in smaller logs and dump them over the side of the bank for fill. Since then they bought two chippers and give them away. less work for them i guess.

Latest posts

Back